Doggiebag's First Fishless Cycle - Juwel Rekord 600

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

well, a week or so on from adding mature media and I was still getting nitrite at 1 on 12 hours, it made no difference whatsoever. I was close to giving up, as it had stayed this way for over a month, after getting my first 0's at 12 hours, no idea why it never resolved it........

I ended up moving my wcmm in anyway. Did a full drain, then added new treated water and transferred my minnows. I did not use their media as I went and bought a new Betta for their old tank so needed it for him........I also went from heating at 29c straight to cold water, expecting it to cause a problem.........tested 12 hours after adding them and there was a ammonia reading of 0.25......added some Prime to temporarily neutralise it (was going to do waterchange later in day if it showed a second time), then have been testing twice a day for the past 2 days with no further spikes of ammonia or nitrite, so its looking okay after the initial blip, I added my 8 minnows, 1 nerite snail and 1 apple snail and it seems to be coping with them okay.....will continue to watch and test closely for the next 2 weeks before I rest....

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back