David Attenborough!

Thanks 14gtr14, but I still won't be able to see any clips since they're restricted to the UK only.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/broadband/faq.shtml#latelyFAQ5
Why is content available to UK residents only?
Broadband content is expensive for the BBC to stream. The BBC has therefore decided to limit access to the BBC broadband content to people in the UK in order to ensure best value for the UK licence fee. In addition, there are often broadcast rights restrictions which means that content intended for a UK audience should not be made available overseas.

Regrettably we are therefore unable to offer you broadband content at this time. We would like to apologise for any disappointment. You could, however, refer to the BBC World Service and to other BBC associated international services (e.g. BBC World, BBC World Service, BBC America etc.) There may be commercial providers who have deals with the BBC in your particular territory.

Additionally, we are considering offering a subscription service for overseas users, although this is not likely to be available in the immediate future.

And now, I find out that they'll be releasing the Planet Earth series on the Discovery Channel here in the US, but they're a huge catch... Sigourney Weaver replaces David Attenborough's narration!
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061205/dctu020.html?.v=66

Thankfully, I have a region-free DVD player, so I can order the region 2 Planet Earth DVD series from the UK and watch it. Still, most others in the US will miss out. Hopefully, this is only temporary and the original series will be released in the US here later. sigh

You can buy Blue Planet on DVD in answer to one post here as with most of the BBC's major programmes.

And in answer to the freeview question. Yes it was on freeview. I used to watch it on UKTV History (Channel12) when I was waiting for my wife to come home from work on Sundays. They started doing 2 in a row for 2 hours each Sunday, then they went straight onto Life of Mammals after.

As with all programs that UKTV show, I am sure they will re-run it pretty soon, as they do with History of Britain with Simon Schama.

I wouldn't have said that it had been on that channel if it hadn't been, and I'm not getting confused with Sky because I've never had Sky and never will put money into Murdoch's pockets, unless there is no other choice.

No offence taken, just pointing out that I am right on this one.

Personally I rate David Bellamy as a more inspirational character, why is he not on our screens anymore? I grew up with his great bug hunting skills! fantastic, I dont think you can find anyone as enthusiastic as old Bellamy about nature and I will be trying to find some old videos of the man to show my son when he is older!

Because no-one can understand what david bellamy says. And I heard the camera man was sick of being covered in spit every time he was talking. lol :hey: :D :p

David Attenborough is great, he and Bill Oddie are my two favorite nature program presenters.
I've got the blue planet on DVD and video, as well as many many others by him! :D

I've missed most of planet earth, but no doubt i'll catch up with UKTV later on.
That malawi clip is awesome!

I love Sir David Attenborough and his programs :good:

I have a couple of the box sets and being a fishkeeper and a diver, Blue Planet ranks for me as one of the best series I've EVER watched.

I'm just trying to justify spending £125 on a boxset of all his series including Life on Earth, Living Planet etc that I grew up watching along with the "Life of" series all of which were excellent.

There really hasn't ever been anyone in nature programs with the longlasting enthusiasm that Sir Attenborough has. He is after all 80 years old now and still passionate about it all :hyper: The nearest person I can think of to him was Steve Irwin, he certainly had the same levels of passion and was the heir apparent to take over Sir Attenboroughs mantle, because he to inspired people :-(

More trivia, he also brought snooker to TV :blink: :lol: and for those who don't know he is the brother of Lord Richard Attenborough, who played John Hammond (the old man) in Jurassic Park.

Arfie

Im waiting for the HD DVD versions before i buy them :D

David Attenborough is great, he and Bill Oddie are my two favorite nature program presenters.
I've got the blue planet on DVD and video, as well as many many others by him! :D

I've missed most of planet earth, but no doubt i'll catch up with UKTV later on.
That malawi clip is awesome!

I haven't seen Planet Earth on UKTV but hopefully it will be on. or repeated on Beeb2 or something

Did he win the BBC Icon poll (hope Morrissey didn't, but if he did the poll can be declared null and void. lol)

Yes he did, how could anyone else he is the tops!
DD

You don't need Sky.

I watched loads of them on UK History on Freeview (Don't ask me why these nature programs are on there but they are) Blue Planet, Life of Mammals. + many many more.

Did he win the BBC Icon poll (hope Morrissey didn't, but if he did the poll can be declared null and void. lol)

Nice fact about MOTD and OGWT. Class shows. and people say he's boring. lol. Even more respect now than previously (if that's possible)

nah it wasn't cos we needed sky to watch them, we had freeview, we just had no way of recording anything and we kept missing them

If you turn freeview on now, and put on UK History BluePlanet is on, then Another episode+more all week.

What a legend!!! He is great i have also grown up watching his programmes and own planet earth and blue planet box sets.
He is great inspiration as i hope to be a wildlife cameramn when i am older and if only he wouldn't retire i may have the priviledge of working with him.
Although his voice is so relxing on a sunday night sometimes i have to admit to falling aslle pp while watching his programmes on bbc1. :blush:
Legend!!!

for you guys who where talking about sky+,you dont need it .you can buy freeview boxes with a hard drive in them now,iv recorded the whole series of planet earth.mine cost me £70 from argos,sky is a total rip off.and besides if i had sky i woulda been able to watch my beloved hammers get stuffed 6-0 away to READING :angry:

Most reactions

trending

Back