Cycling Tank.

piranha_tim

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Cycling Tank.

So I purchased a piranha. The previous owner has thrown his original water away by accident which has resulted in my tank starting from scratch. i.e. Tap water (used water conditioner and cycle).

I have only had the tank going for 48hrs.

Do I need to cycle the tank everyday? for 2 weeks?

I.e.

1. Grab a bucket empty out 10%-20% of the tank.
2. Get 10%-20% for re-fill from tap ... get to correct temperature, water condition and add 'cycle'.
3. Pour water back into tank

Is This correct?

for a start cycle as in the acclaimed so called bacteria that ur tank needs will probably be useless as bacteria that was in it is probably dead.

cycling is refered 2 adding amonia 2 ur tank as in 2 start and help the process along not as in adding the cycle in a bottle :)

but... if u have fish in thank already DO NOT add amonia this will kill ur fish get some 1 with an established tank 2 look after it/them untill ur tank is matured enough

:)

for a start cycle as in the acclaimed so called bacteria that ur tank needs will probably be useless as bacteria that was in it is probably dead.

cycling is refered 2 adding amonia 2 ur tank as in 2 start and help the process along not as in adding the cycle in a bottle :)

but... if u have fish in thank already DO NOT add amonia this will kill ur fish get some 1 with an established tank 2 look after it/them untill ur tank is matured enough

I do not know anyone who can take my fish ... This seems to be a problem here. One I am not sure I can resolve.

u could cycle the tank with the fish in but takes alot more work doing water changes daily etc..read the pinned section on fish in cycling it will help :)

Thank you ... all help is appreciated ... The piranha seems happy and healthy currently.

I do not know anyone who can take my fish ... This seems to be a problem here. One I am not sure I can resolve.

Where are you located? I may be able to take it.

Ryan

Where are you located? I may be able to take it.

Ryan

I am 100% dedicated to his survival. I will and now have been following all instructions ... I am doing my best too look out for this Piranha. + I am in Canada ha ha

Thank you alot for the offer though

Most reactions

Back