Cory life expectancy?

tommy_yellowbellie

Reaction score
Hi to everyone
(newbie alert :*) )
i was wondering how old cory's usually get?
I have an albino cory that is nearly 8 yrs old and i was wondering if they normally reach that age?
any feedback would be appreciated

Hi,

I hope I am not interupting.

I just posted a similar question in the breeding section. Any replies would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Erik

If properly cared for corys can live for 10 years plus.

clothahump said:
34 years is the oldest on record, I beleive it was a Paleatus.
Yes but the albino strain of any particular species is usually a lot less hardy and has a much lower life expectancy. Either you're very good at raising cories or you're very lucky. :p

David said:
clothahump said:
34 years is the oldest on record, I beleive it was a Paleatus.
Yes but the albino strain of any particular species is usually a lot less hardy and has a much lower life expectancy. Either you're very good at raising cories or you're very lucky. :p
Thank you for such a well thought out answer and the smiley poking its tounge out at me.
I did not say in my post the Paleatus was mine or that it was an albino, I was just stating the age of the longest lived Corydoras on record.
I wondered why I dont post on these forums very often and now have the answer.

Sorry clothahump :( just ignore the idiots who really dont have a clue.

:blink: I think David's referring to the original post..giving tommy a compliment for having kept an albino cory alive 8 years....

aj xx

If properly cared for, Albinos can live a good long life as well, they just need slightly more stringent care.

I have albinos that are over 12 years old (of course they look it too), so I assume that luck and TLC play a big part in the life expectancy of any fish. I have an emerald that's closer to 18 years old. I got all three fish from a great aunt who'd had them since I was a child.

holy **** :S thats a long time, i beg to differ about the albino comment, iv got one and he is quite hardy. eats everything in sight, very fat about the size of a quarter :nod:

Most reactions

Back