Bronze Cory Eggs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Peter C

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Would this be an ok hatcher type thing for my eggs?

2 litre bottle cut in half, bit of sand in and about 300 pin prick holes all round the bottle, placed near the filter output for water movement

3C24368B-5C0E-4307-A6EE-5101613E7C90-5883-00000814017401EE.jpg

BDE3ECB6-B6DA-46C1-92CD-7CD2688DF09E-5883-00000813FB81FEA7.jpg

Are the eggs looking ok? Or are they dead? First time I've ever had Cory's breed!

Cheers

Most of the eggs look ok to me. The fungi ones or infertile ones should be white by now.
The babies are tiny, not sure how big the holes on the sides are, just be careful for the first week after they hatch. They grow quickly. Put a lot of plants and moss if you have. A moss ball is their favourite hiding place when they are tiny. I've connected an air tube from one of my filters pouring slow straight into the box so they have a mini tank like :lol:
If you can't connect an air tube, once they hatch make sure to manually put some tank water into the bottle a few times a day as the holes never provide enough clean water.

Well done. Can we get pictures please or a video :fun:

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u423/peterofcarlisle/DFE8198A-7C8A-495A-8EAE-7AC5A0E303F6-7392-0000099A3E9D5A3C.mp4

3C24368B-5C0E-4307-A6EE-5101613E7C90-5883-00000814017401EE.jpg

Any idea why the Cory's keep doing this recently?

FDCC327F-5FDC-47A2-B59B-689D4567267B-7392-0000099A72A7C218.jpg

They jus sit there motionless asif they're dead!

The babies look quite white on the video, like they are albino version. Are their eyes black or red/pink?
I've got 3 babies that I can't wait to see whether they are bronze version of my albinos corys or the gold laser babies.

As for the cory hanging there, it's really strange. Are you sure it's not eating something there. These stickers collect algae and debris and they do like going at it.

Brilliant idea! Next time I find some cory eggs I'll have to try this ;)

im crushing normal flakes up into powder and dropping it in. also flushing water through about 4-5 times a day jus pouring it in the top.

some of my rams have laid eggs on the opposite side of the tank so looks like i need a new 2 litre bottle for the ram eggs now :lol:

the babies are only like 24 hours old if that! guessing theyl get some colour sooner or later as both their parents are coloured

Bronze corys can throw albino version and vs versa so the corys that don't have black eyes, but rather invisible eyes when they are small, are albinos. Get the magnifying glass :lol:

They've got black eyes

Ram eggs all got munched last night by my Cory's and assassin snails so iv moved them all to my 110 litre. Just kept the Cory fry and rams in the 90 litre

Well all but 3 died. The 3 got moved to my fry tank, and they now have colour, although I can only find 2 now! Approx 5mm long now in with guppy fry

Well all but 3 died. The 3 got moved to my fry tank, and they now have colour, although I can only find 2 now! Approx 5mm long now in with guppy fry

That's strange. Sorry to hear that. Are you sure you were feeding them well, also water quality? I've got cory fry that were born 4 days before yours and are 2.5-3 cm long?

Edit: Just to add that am not parading around with it, just concerned because I keep reading people not getting cory fry survive and I don't have similar experience. I kept fry in a breeder box before in the main tank and they were perfectly fine with good flow inside and plenty of food. The last batch was in a dedicated fry tank and I noticed they didn't start growing as fast as the ones in the breeder box. I quickly increased the food after the first week and I am sure if I hadn't I would have starved them to death. Also, powdered food needs to be dropped right on the bottom otherwise it floats as it's very light. Bad water quality will kill them too if in uncycled tank/box/ or watever container is used too, with uncleaned left overs that can grow harmful bacteria.
But people tend to underfeed fish because of water quality and for fry this is no good, especially ones like cory fry that don't seem to be so good finding their food or competing for it with others.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back