Breeding betta privacy question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Aniket

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I saw video in which most of people breed them in tray and few in aquarium.I have 20 gallon long tank. I read on google that betta pair needs privacy for spawning. Im thinking to breed them in my aquarium which is placed at hall in house where people around aquarium. Will they get disturbed or will they breed?

I saw video in which most of people breed them in tray and few in aquarium.I have 20 gallon long tank. I read on google that betta pair needs privacy for spawning. Im thinking to breed them in my aquarium which is placed at hall in house where people around aquarium. Will they get disturbed or will they breed?
Here is my plan correct me if i need some corrections.
Ill add water upto 3 inch in 20 gallon tank and will put male. I will keep female in glass bottle. After 1 day ill release her because last time i waited for 2 days and she released eggs in bottle without male.

You can breed fish anywhere in the house. Fish that are in a living room or kitchen or somewhere lots of people move around will be tamer and calmer than fish kept in a dark corner in a bedroom where nobody goes. Fish need people moving past the tank regularly to tame down otherwise they become nervous and panic.

----------------------
To breed Betta splendens (Siamese fighting fish).
Get an aquarium or container about 18inches long x 10-12 inches wide x 12 inches high. Your 20 gallon long tank will be fine to use.
Put a thin layer of gravel in the tank.
Fill the aquarium with dechlorinated water so it is about 8-10inches deep.
Put some floating plants in the tank and have other plants growing in the gravel.
Have an air operated sponge filter in the tank.
Put a heater in the tank and set it on 26-28C (79-82F).
Put a coverglass on the tank.

Add the male Betta and keep him there until he builds a bubblenest. Then add a fat female. Watch the fish and make sure they don't fight. If the female is ready to breed they will breed.

When they breed, the male will fertilise the eggs and put them in his bubblenest. The male will guard the eggs and the female can be removed from the tank.

Leave the male with the babies for the first 2 weeks and then move him out.

Feed the babies infusoria, green water or egg yolk for the first 2-3 weeks. Then feed them newly hatched brineshrimp.

Im
You can breed fish anywhere in the house. Fish that are in a living room or kitchen or somewhere lots of people move around will be tamer and calmer than fish kept in a dark corner in a bedroom where nobody goes. Fish need people moving past the tank regularly to tame down otherwise they become nervous and panic.

----------------------
To breed Betta splendens (Siamese fighting fish).
Get an aquarium or container about 18inches long x 10-12 inches wide x 12 inches high. Your 20 gallon long tank will be fine to use.
Put a thin layer of gravel in the tank.
Fill the aquarium with dechlorinated water so it is about 8-10inches deep.
Put some floating plants in the tank and have other plants growing in the gravel.
Have an air operated sponge filter in the tank.
Put a heater in the tank and set it on 26-28C (79-82F).
Put a coverglass on the tank.

Add the male Betta and keep him there until he builds a bubblenest. Then add a fat female. Watch the fish and make sure they don't fight. If the female is ready to breed they will breed.

When they breed, the male will fertilise the eggs and put them in his bubblenest. The male will guard the eggs and the female can be removed from the tank.

Leave the male with the babies for the first 2 weeks and then move him out.

Feed the babies infusoria, green water or egg yolk for the first 2-3 weeks. Then feed them newly hatched brineshrimp.
Im going to use underground water

Check the underground water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH and GH before you use it.

Aerate the water for 24 hours before you use it. Under ground water can have no gases (oxygen, carbon dioxide or nitrogen) in and aerating the water for 24 hours before using it will make sure the water has a normal amount of dissolved gases.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back