Big Bump On Head

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Amunet

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Our blue ram was moved into the hospital tank a while ago b/c it had a small scrape on it's head that looked to be getting fuzzy.
I treated it with a fungus/bacteria med, and all was fine for a while.
It healed over, but always looked discolored/white.
Now I'm noticing that that spot is becoming a large whitish lump on it's head.

Should I be worried about this? It's hard to tell if anything else is wrong with him since he's a very skittish fish and hides whenever I get near the tank. But from what I can see... everything else about him looks fine. I know he eats b/c I sometimes catch him eating before he sees me and hides again :p

I'll try to get some pics of him tomorrow after I do a water change and clean the tank. Should be easier then hopefully.

Does it seem to be hard or soft?
How big is the lump? Like dime size? or smaller/larger?

It looks like it would be soft... I just took a look at it again, and I think at the tip of the bump, it looks sorta transparent.

Lol a dime sized lump on the ram would cover almost half of the fish heh...
It's a big lump on the fish, but small compared to everything else.
Hard to describe an accurate size of it. Looks like it's slightly smaller than one of it's eyes.
Maybe a little smaller than a half of a deshelled pea?

Hmm.. I don't think this ram is going to make it.
It's starting to breath pretty rapidly. It's also getting a case of popeye and the bump on it's head is starting to get fuzzy.
Well can't tell if it's getting fuzzy... may be that it actually burst like a blister or something.
I did a large water change and am treating with maracyn 1 and 2.
The rapid breathing though is what makes me think that he's not going to make it though. All of the other fish we've had that have been sick that start breathing rapid never made it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back