Armchair Capello's

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Ditch rooney, change formation ,play dafoe crouch and cole up front and just go for it-if we dont we are out.

change rooney for defoe lol defoe and heskey arent even good enough to play for england rooney would get into any world 11 biggest problem england have had is playing long ball you tell me of 1 other team in the world cup whos playing long ball there isnt 1 even the so called minnows are keeping the ball on the floor if we do this from the start of every match and get the ball to rooneys feet thats when we will win games i just cant understand why we are playing a totally different style of football to the style we used to qualify

our strikers made a mess of the USA game everyone can say its green who messed up but the fact of the matter is lennon,wright phillips and heskey were all put through on goal and hit pittyfull shots we should have won that game 4-1 then we wouldnt be in this possition

and as for capello not naming the team earlier i dont understand his logic on that the guys need to know where they stand it affected every player when he didnt tell rob green he was dropped untill just before players need to know there place so they can prepare mantally and a couple of hours just is not enough at international level

I'd have any of them compared to Heskey. He's clumsy, doesnt score enough goals and (in the last match) wasnt looking to see where his fellow players were. Mind you he is good at knocking straight into the opposing goalies chest. You cant just leave rooney at the front for a third match and if it doesnt work say "well we had to play him,you cant ditch him". Might as well stir up the team and try something new. We've had 2 dull average matches,lets not get a third.

frank lampards been awfull for both games we need to drop him if anyone and put joe cole in then put someone different up front with rooney

Gerrard up front with Rooney!! simples

Rooney doesn;t even want a strike partner like he doesn;t have at man utd

James

Johnson Terry Dawson A. Cole

Lampard Barry

Lennon Gerrard Joe Cole

Rooney

WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT?????????????

James

Johnson Terry Dawson A. Cole

Lampard Barry

Lennon Gerrard Joe Cole

Rooney

WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT?????????????

you and me and everyone saying that one mate although i;d go milner instead of lennon

my thoughts

Joe Cole should be playing, he IS the man who could change a game.

Sack Capello now...you have Pearce and Beckham sat on that bench and imo they would make the best management team the world has ever seen. The big reason as well, they're both ENGLISH!

Drop Rooney and play Gerrard and Crouch up front and bring Rooney on in the second half.

dropping rooney would be a huge mistake put joe cole on then we have 2 players in rooney and cole who can pick the lock

But to answer the question-no we cant win the world cup unless things drastically change, judging by how well the south american teams are doing, not to mention Holland.

Not really interested in football tbh. But I did find some of the American coverage of that match highly amusing. I think it was NY weekly or something, the cover read USA wins 1-1. How is that a win?

Put Heskey on a plane home and get crouch out on the pitch, change the formation and possibly announce the team selection earlier than 2 hours before the match for morale. Perhaps put some anti wrinkle on his face to prevent such a horrifying sight when the camera pans towards the England dugout.

Having said all this I doubt this will have happened, due to Capello's arrogance we will no doubt be out of the world cup and he should be held responsible. Adapt or Die, it works in nearly every situation why not football? That's because like I said he's too arrogant and wants to do everything his own specific way.

I couldn't believe how frustrated I got watching that Algerian game and I can see this is going to be exactly the same against the Slavs

much better!!! enjoyed that and we looked like a good team

see Heskey is rubbish!!!

Thought Milner , Gerrard , Johnson and Terry were awesome today

gutted at USA's late goal cos I;m at my sons football tournament sunday and may miss match!

see Heskey is rubbish!!!

gutted at USA's late goal cos I;m at my sons football tournament sunday and may miss match!

Don't forget James, he was superb.

Bring on Germany!

see Heskey is rubbish!!!

Don't forget James, he was superb.

Bring on Germany!
yes james was excellent how commited to england is JT you have to love his human cannon ball as keegan called it :lol:

Most reactions

Back