The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BigC

Fish Maniac
Reaction score
england.jpg
They Think It's All Over!

Has England got what it takes, are they good enough or are they victims of their own hype. (They were 3rd favourites to take football's ultimate prize)

So C'mon all you British soccer fans....What should Fabio do to improve this disappointing bad showing.

Regards
C

Ok Ok so we drew with the USA.... :lol: another bad show, maybe nerves I don't know!

play 4-5-1 no team wins the world cup playing 4-4-2 thats why we drew tonight they flooded the midfield so we couldnt get the ball on the floor to rooney so we ended up playing long balls again to heskey who isnt even good enough to lace rooneys boots its there own fault for leaving out theo walcot and taking wright phillips

so we should switch to 4-5-1 with rooney as the lone striker gerrard,barry,lampard,lennon and bring in joe cole in midfield then cole,johnson,terry and dawson in defence keep the ball on the floor instead of hoofing it forward and be patient and keep possession instead of trying to score in 3 passes

not that it matters now as i cant see england getting out of the group now its a shambles :angry:

We have a team in that? :unsure: Good! Well then, I'm with Oscar Betta. Go USA!
cheer.gif
cheer.gif
cheer.gif

Ok Ok so we drew with the USA.... :lol: another bad show, maybe nerves I don't know!
Lol your guys' goalkeeper screwed you there.
no heskey, wright phillips and lennon screwed us against USA people only see the GK error but what about those 3 idiots missing when through on goal

it doesnt matter if you concede 3 goals as long as you score 4 does it ?

Yeah, I didn't get to watch the game but all I heard was the screw up of the goalkeeper.

Ditch rooney, change formation ,play dafoe crouch and cole up front and just go for it-if we dont we are out.

i blame it on him telling them who's
playing just before the match this
does no go for team moral also it
dosent give them time to get syked
up for the game . mind you most of the
one that they said would get through
and most of the ones said had no chance
have gone through so who knows but being
secretive about the team is doing no good

Yes i agree with you on the announcement of the team. Just select the team early, is he seriously worried that if its announced too early the other team can do some homework and combat us. At the moment we've been held at bay by two average sides and they only had 2-3 hours notice.

you can;t ditch Rooney!!! not his fault

I;m concerned about Capello and his display at world cup.

I love my football and seem to have the same team selection and formation as every football fan I know excepty Capello

Rooney with Gerrrd behind him.. ditch Heskey

Joe Cole has to start on the left and Barry holding role with Lampard more advanced and Lennon or Milner who would be my choice on the right

defence as it is and Joe Hart in goal

we play to deep, cos of the system hes playibng Rooney is coming deep he should just be operated as a main striker and bomb that lump Heskey out the team why oh why he gets a game for the national team is beyond me

I'm not the only one who says rooney isnt 100% fit. His mind isnt there on the game either, but nobody is saying its his fault ,its a team game and they arent gelling.

Ditch rooney, change formation ,play dafoe crouch and cole up front and just go for it-if we dont we are out.

change rooney for defoe lol defoe and heskey arent even good enough to play for england rooney would get into any world 11 biggest problem england have had is playing long ball you tell me of 1 other team in the world cup whos playing long ball there isnt 1 even the so called minnows are keeping the ball on the floor if we do this from the start of every match and get the ball to rooneys feet thats when we will win games i just cant understand why we are playing a totally different style of football to the style we used to qualify

our strikers made a mess of the USA game everyone can say its green who messed up but the fact of the matter is lennon,wright phillips and heskey were all put through on goal and hit pittyfull shots we should have won that game 4-1 then we wouldnt be in this possition

and as for capello not naming the team earlier i dont understand his logic on that the guys need to know where they stand it affected every player when he didnt tell rob green he was dropped untill just before players need to know there place so they can prepare mantally and a couple of hours just is not enough at international level

change rooney for defoe lol defoe and heskey arent even good enough to play for england rooney would get into any world 11 biggest problem england have had is playing long ball you tell me of 1 other team in the world cup whos playing long ball there isnt 1 even the so called minnows are keeping the ball on the floor if we do this from the start of every match and get the ball to rooneys feet thats when we will win games i just cant understand why we are playing a totally different style of football to the style we used to qualify

our strikers made a mess of the USA game everyone can say its green who messed up but the fact of the matter is lennon,wright phillips and heskey were all put through on goal and hit pittyfull shots we should have won that game 4-1 then we wouldnt be in this possition

and as for capello not naming the team earlier i dont understand his logic on that the guys need to know where they stand it affected every player when he didnt tell rob green he was dropped untill just before players need to know there place so they can prepare mantally and a couple of hours just is not enough at international level

I'd have any of them compared to Heskey. He's clumsy, doesnt score enough goals and (in the last match) wasnt looking to see where his fellow players were. Mind you he is good at knocking straight into the opposing goalies chest. You cant just leave rooney at the front for a third match and if it doesnt work say "well we had to play him,you cant ditch him". Might as well stir up the team and try something new. We've had 2 dull average matches,lets not get a third.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back