Aquarium Model makers/potters wanted!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fishyfun&fans

Fishaholic
Reaction score
does anybody know anyone that could make me a one off custom plane ornament 50cm long with open spaces and scale wingspan

model-Piper Arrow II , tail number-F21TNK and colours-white with blue stripe livery+underwater weathering? price ££-££££
photo for reference R (3).jpg

does anybody know anyone that could make me a one off custom plane ornament 50cm long with open spaces and scale wingspan

model-Piper Arrow II , tail number-F21TNK and colours-white with blue stripe livery+underwater weathering? price ££-££££
photo for reference R (3).jpg
Anyway to buy something and modify it?

wouldnt somone be willing to be paid to make this? That's why i put this in the wanted thread!

There’s always someone willing to custom make anything if the price is right. Someone here, Bruce, makes wooden airplanes, I think from scratch. Very nice.

wouldnt somone be willing to be paid to make this? That's why i put this in the wanted thread!
But you put in the fish classifieds. ("Any fish related items for sale, swap or wanted...")

I could always move it to General Chat, lots of people read threads in there.

Well, you can find plastic model kits of the Arrow II on ebay and amazon. Most model kits are made of polystyrene, which should be aquarium safe. You'd have to use superglue, not plastic model glue, which I'm fairly sure is toxic. The paint would be a challenge too; you'd have to find some sort of non-toxic paint that would stick to polystyrene. I have no idea, there. But maybe it's a start.

Out of curiosity, why this specific aircraft and tail number?

this is why i was thinking of going down the custom ceramics route see if i can get a master potter or ornament maker to build it for me so it will have entrys and exits ect

If you got a large enough model...say a 1:24 scale or a 1:48 scale...and left the windows out, that would give access points for the fish to swim through. You would need to be careful with the really tiny windows but then those can have the included plastic panes put into place anyway if wanted

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back