Aquarium Model makers/potters wanted!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

this one looks good bruce but how would i go about adding spaces for the fish to swim in and out of?Cherokee arrow II
Your problem is one of scale...1/72 would be too small for your purposes.
1/72 means that 1" of model equates to 72" of the real thing. (72" = 6').

The site I gave you only lets you know what kits were ever made and in what scale. Once you've found a kit that meets your needs, the next task is to actually find one and many are now out of production and only available in the 'pre-owned' market.
You'd be looking at scales of 1/48 or bigger, depending upon the fish.

3d printing may be an option as well. Could not do it in uv reactive resin as that is most likely super toxic for marine life.

PLA could be ok but might break down. ABS is most like ok.

Acrylic paint I think is probably safe too.

Probably easier to find someone with a 3D printer than someone who could model one in clay.

To be honest, few planes that have been left at the bottom of an ocean for decades will be identifiable, unless you're an aviation expert. ;)
You'd be talking about an overgrown tube, with crumpled wing roots.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
this is why i was thinking of going down the custom ceramics route see if i can get a master potter or ornament maker to build it for me so it will have entrys and exits ect
Look on the site called etsy and search custom aircraft... There are a TON of people who do custom things on there... BUT I do not guarantee you'll find something... But I still recommend messaging custom aircraft makers on etsy to see what they offer

Most reactions

Back