Alright Tank For Discus?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

for breeding unless you want unhappy fish :S
and itll be hard keeping it discus clean since its smaller and all... harder i should say :good:

actually when the xbox and ps2 take priority then dicuss should be taken out of the equasion. discus are a fish that needs priority and when a game counsel take priority you might want to think about some other type of fish that can be happy in that size of tank for its life.

2ft is 2ft tho dude.

a 10" fish needs more than a 24" span to swim in.

a cube is kinda like a hex tank.

holds alot of water but theres not much swimming space (without having to turn).

unless its a big cube.

2 ft is 24inches ... that means more than 2 x its size !!!

yea i kno lol. that was my point.

twice his size isnt much at all.

All through my posts I have been stating only putting a BREEDING PAIR in this tank. No where have I said it is ok to have more than a breeding pair.

In the first place this guy want TWO fish NOT a group of fish.

I suggested getting a TRUE PAIR and NOTHING more.

All through my posts I have been stating only putting a BREEDING PAIR in this tank. No where have I said it is ok to have more than a breeding pair.

In the first place this guy want TWO fish NOT a group of fish.

I suggested getting a TRUE PAIR and NOTHING more.

I really feel that discus aren't the right fish for him, if he only wants a small tank he'd be better off just keeping a shoal of tetras or a betta. :nod:

It's not that I only want a small tank, it's i'm only allowed to have a small tank. And to be fair, my bedroom is 8ftx7ft, and it's full to the brim. My consoles don't take priority, but I do like to play on my PS2 online alot. And if I sold them i'd get nowhere near as much money as they are worth, so why would I? I'm sorry that you feel i'm not a dedicated fishkeeper, but being 14, only my mam can decide what size tank I get, and I know discus are a schooling fish, but my intention was to actually get a pair, even if I don't raise the fry. I just really do love this fish and had a thought about getting them if I got a much higher tank, now I know I can't. I was contemplating getting 4 juvies to start off, and see if any pair up, if not sell them to a good home.

Neal

Most reactions

Back