Algae -.-

fidjet2

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey,
I have a 90L tank that is covered in algae.
I have the lights on a timer for 8 hours a day.
I have tried splitting the lighting time but it never went away so i just put it back....
I was wondering if any of that algae clear in LFS's works ??
I am really hating this algae and everytime i clean it, it just comes back. different coloured stuff is starting to come up o_O most of it is hair algae though coming off of everything.

Water parameters-
amm-0
nitrite-0
nitrate-20
ph- 8.2

Can i do anything?? if i have to i will put my fish in a plastic tub for a while and take everything out, but i don't really want to lol

thanks in advance

Hey,
I have a 90L tank that is covered in algae.
I have the lights on a timer for 8 hours a day.
I have tried splitting the lighting time but it never went away so i just put it back....
I was wondering if any of that algae clear in LFS's works ??
I am really hating this algae and everytime i clean it, it just comes back. different coloured stuff is starting to come up o_O most of it is hair algae though coming off of everything.

Water parameters-
amm-0
nitrite-0
nitrate-20
ph- 8.2

Can i do anything?? if i have to i will put my fish in a plastic tub for a while and take everything out, but i don't really want to lol

thanks in advance

You need to positively identify the particular algae first. There is now a specific section of the new Planted section for algae issues.

i had brown algae, was told put more light...now got green (little green spots everywhere, on plants, on glass..) was told coz of too much light...trying to reduce it. but it just keeps coming back, i keep clean and clean and clean as it is hard to scrab it off when gets bigger...any ideas?

i had brown algae, was told put more light...now got green (little green spots everywhere, on plants, on glass..) was told coz of too much light...trying to reduce it. but it just keeps coming back, i keep clean and clean and clean as it is hard to scrab it off when gets bigger...any ideas?
I have a little brown I have to deal with but read it is normal for recently cycled tanks, and that it should disappear after some time. It wipes off pretty easily.
But, green? Sorry but have not had to tackle that yet. If I had to guess it is probably from more light.
I have read light +ammonia=algae

Have a look in planted aquariums resource centre

Most reactions

Back