Byron Hoskins RIP

AbbeysDad

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
It is with great sadness to share the news that my friend Byron passed away in the wee hours this morning.
I well know that many here will share my sadness. We have lost a great fishkeeper who was always willing to help a fellow hobbyist.

Byron fought the good fight for a very long time but as is often the case, cancer won in the end.

Rest in Peace my friend.

Byron changed the way I keep fish and made a huge impact on TFF. The fishkeeping world has lost a great person, and You’ve lost a great friend.
Hugs to you as you navigate this loss

I browsed some of this man's threads. Surely this hobby has lost a great mind.

Although I did not know the fella I am sorry for the loss to those who did. My heart goes out to his family and friends. Cancer is truly a scurrilous disease and I have watched it steal before.

May he rest in peace and may his family and friends take some solace in having him in their midst during his lifetime.

I expected this but I am feeling a bit hollow right now . Byron was a fine man who never talked down to anyone and his advice was always right on . We here on TFF have lost our best member and finest mind . The only time I ever read him denigrating anything was when he once referred to Kissing Gourami’s as “hideous creatures”. I smile inwardly at that and remember him fondly .

This sad news affects us all. We mourn about his passing. Which also means that he's been a well respected member of our community. I'm sad to know that he's lost his battle but I'm glad that he doesn't have to suffer anymore. But I also truly believe that he'll watch over this forum as it's been a part of his life as well. I thought of him this past week and I've lit a candle for him when I was at the church.
I wish all of his loved ones all the strength and love with the loss of Byron...🫶
1714759560279.png

Such sad news - best wishes for his family and friends. I think Byron is perhaps unique among us as he always posted not only under his real first name but publicly with his full name and qualifications which takes a great deal of bravery but also integrity - something I've always admired and wanted to share.

Wills

Most reactions

Back