Ada Aqua Soil

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hahaha, sorry, The cube is going to be much the same I think, May go Iwagumi or mountainr range on it though, dunno.
Good luck though, do you know all the pitfalls of Aquasoil?

hahaha, sorry, The cube is going to be much the same I think, May go Iwagumi or mountainr range on it though, dunno.

Hi Guys,

If I may - I have a bit more info on ADA Aquasoils

1 x 9L bag is generally sufficient for 60L of water - this is ADA's recommendations - take it with a pinch of salt but on the whole it's pretty accurate

Amazonian is the most potent to begin with and releases the most NH4 over the first 3 weeks. You'll notice incredible growth over the first 3 months which is probably why it's so popular among hobbyists and professionals. It gives results fast but does tail off. It will drop your pH to begin with but I've never found it to cause any problems to fish or plants. Do not add livestocks until week 3.

Malaya and Africa are pretty similar in therms of performance - both very good. They are recommended for long term layouts and release nutrients slower than Amazonian. It's a bit like the Tortoise and the Hare (Tortoise being Malaya and Africa). They also release NH4 to begin with (not as much as Amazonian to my knowledge)

In terms of colour, Amazonian is very dark, Malaya is a rich brown colour and Africa is more red

Richard :thumbs:

Hi Guys,

If I may - I have a bit more info on ADA Aquasoils

1 x 9L bag is generally sufficient for 60L of water - this is ADA's recommendations - take it with a pinch of salt but on the whole it's pretty accurate

Amazonian is the most potent to begin with and releases the most NH4 over the first 3 weeks. You'll notice incredible growth over the first 3 months which is probably why it's so popular among hobbyists and professionals. It gives results fast but does tail off. It will drop your pH to begin with but I've never found it to cause any problems to fish or plants. Do not add livestocks until week 3.

Malaya and Africa are pretty similar in therms of performance - both very good. They are recommended for long term layouts and release nutrients slower than Amazonian. It's a bit like the Tortoise and the Hare (Tortoise being Malaya and Africa). They also release NH4 to begin with (not as much as Amazonian to my knowledge)

In terms of colour, Amazonian is very dark, Malaya is a rich brown colour and Africa is more red

Richard :thumbs:

Nice post.

thanks Richard

also while your hear (if you come back on that is)

when will you be getting Mini Landscape Rocks? i asked before you added them but i didnt get time to buy any before they went back out of stock.

sorry what do meam by pitfalls. if you mean about not adding fish for 3 weeks i am planning on growing hc emersed fora round 3 weeks if i can. then flood it when im happy with it.

thanks
chris

Our wholesaler are still out of stock with mini landscape :(

Although the question is not directed at me, I would say there are very few pitfalls of Aquasoils - don't worry about the pH drop, don't worry about the colouring of the water at the beginning. These 'concerns' always disappear after about 1 month.

I've tried nearly every substrate in the market and it is without doubt the best available.

thanks Richard

also while your hear (if you come back on that is)

when will you be getting Mini Landscape Rocks? i asked before you added them but i didnt get time to buy any before they went back out of stock.

sorry what do meam by pitfalls. if you mean about not adding fish for 3 weeks i am planning on growing hc emersed fora round 3 weeks if i can. then flood it when im happy with it.

thanks
chris

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back