Ada Aqua Soil

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

chr15_8

Fish Herder
Reaction score
just wonder what the difference was between the Africana, Amazonia and the Malaya.

im thinking its just the colour or is one better than the other etc.

thanks
chris

Richness too, amazonia is the "best", meaning richest, malaya next africana least, africana is also more or less inert where as the other 2 will decrease hardness and ph.

Richness too, amazonia is the "best", meaning richest, malaya next africana least, africana is also more or less inert where as the other 2 will decrease hardness and ph.

ok thanks

would there be any problems if i was to use it under stones etc?

im setting up a dedicated nano using this but i have a 15 gallon with a few easy plants. i was going to buy the bigger bag and use the remaining in the 15 gallon.

thanks
chris

You don't need stones, It's a straight replacement for gravel. I suppose you could but you wouldn't want to.
Depending on what you want to do you may find its best to buy too much I used 6litres out of 9 in my 10gallon and wish id used all 9 now.

its for a 24x8x8 inch tank about 20 litres.

AE says 3 litres for 20litres of water. but i was going to go for more as like you said you will always use more than stated.

but i just thought the leftover might aswell get used in the other tank as they get no ferts/co2 etc

thanks
chris

AE says 3 litres for 20litres of water. but i was going to go for more as like you said you will always use more than stated.

but i just thought the leftover might aswell get used in the other tank as they get no ferts/co2 etc

thanks
chris

Well that's miss leading since substrate quantity is dictated by foot print rather than tank volume.
Your foot print is not too different from mine if I'm right, so go for 6l.

an after thought, ask sam (themoulus) or see if it says how much hes used on his nano I think he's used aqua soil.

thanks
chris

Well that's miss leading since substrate quantity is dictated by foot print rather than tank volume.
Your foot print is not too different from mine if I'm right, so go for 6l.

an after thought, ask sam (themoulus) or see if it says how much hes used on his nano I think he's used aqua soil.

thanks the nano is the main tank so ill use what i need and see what i have left.

another quick question. how deep would you say?

sams using tropica under some black quartz

thanks
chris

Ada recommend 2 at the front 4 at the back last time I checked, you can get away with about 15cm deep if you want, and an inch if your that way inclined.

ok thanks

will wait till it comes/i get some and have a play and see what its like.

thanks
chris

I've got an 11inch cube and 3l works fine, work out the how many square inches your tanks base is and then I'll see how much :good:

192 inches i think lol.

im sure you do 24x8 to work it out?

thanks

I think so, my 12x18 = 216 so you should need something like 4 and a half I recon

That's not my cube, I haven't posted any pictures up of the cube :p

you made me think i had the wrong perdson then.

if you cut 6 inches off one side it will make it a cube. but ok nice planted tank

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back