1.5 Months Later

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PaperArrow

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey everyone i have a few uncertainties about where to go next with my tank, here are a few pictures so you know what i am talking about.....

PICT0201.jpg

PICT0204.jpg

PICT0305.jpg

Its a UK 15 gal cube, 8.5 pounds of live rock, bag of live sand, Seio 820, ehiem filter with rowaphos, arcadia 2 x 48w blue and white bulbs.

About 1.5 months since i started out, containing....

2 x tank bred clowns,

4 x scarlet red legs,

4 x turbo snails,

4 x nitro snails,

Ph 8.2
nitrates 0.2
nitrites 0
ammonia 0
sg 1.023

Everything has gone well, so far, and i am happy with the maintenance and feeding etc... But i would like to ask the opinions of some more experienced reef keeps as to what to do next

Here are my ideas....

a hang on refugium, with macro algae, would it benefit a tank of this size with rowaphos….? Perhaps it could contain something else?
My clowns get along great now, however they have decided to host on my power head in the far corner of the tank, what coral could I purchase as a beginner that they my host in?
I know an anemone would suffer in my tank,
A rainsford goby, they feed using a type of gel food mixed with frozen at my lfs, or a yellow goby with the boxer shrimp?

Any other ideas to take my tank to the next level would be great to hear and consider.
A sump would be great but I lack the room, and halides are not for me at the moment.
All other interesting inverts especially considered. Especially things like urchins, which my tank probably will not support…unless you know otherwise,

Any ideas greatly appreciated to the next step.

for hosting you can use anything that they like the look of they will choose what tickles there fancy. but some good choices would be leather corals as that is what mine hosted in. i think they will host in almost any coral. but i would stick with soft corals with your lights and the less demanding LPS

if u want a goby shrimp pair. dont use a boxer shrimp what u want is a pistol shrimp. i think that would b a great choice for your size tank and they are very intresting to watch.

ps the tank is looking good :good:

and good luck with its progress

Brilliant, Thanks for the advice and encouragement... so i am looking at a leather corals now, do you know of any which i can buy small which will grow relatively quickly in my tank under my lighting? are any of the leathers vibrant and move in the current?

i have looked online and in my books, the spaghetti leather looks nice, also the Yellow Leather Coral Also known as a "devil's hand". And the Torch Coral
would these be suitable?

I should rule out the rainsford goby?

What do you think about adding a refugium? i have a spare arc pod for lighting, any point on a small tank like mine?

also i have 8.5 pounds of live rock, i would like to add some more maybe another 2 pounds, perhaps some in the eheim, would you recommend doing so?

Thnks again everyone.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back