Zoo Med Aquatics Vs. Aqueon Lighting

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SlyPolak

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok, so my mom has a 25 gallon tank with just a few fish and a few real plants... She wanted me to find a good light for her little aquarium where she would get descent plant growth. She has an AQUEON 15W 8,000K T8 bulb in there right now and she was thinking of upgrading so I went to the store and I got another bulb. This one is a ZOO MED AQUATICS Ultra Sun 15W 6,500K Full Spectrum T8....... Which one is better???? I know the AQUEON is 8,000K VS the ZOO MED 6,500K .... but the AQUEON is a "pinkish" light and the ZOO MED is more of a "blue/clear" ,,, I heard that the pink doesnt penetrate water as good as the full spectrum!! To me it sounds like the pink AQUEON 8,000K is better because it has more KELVIN VS. the clear/blue ZOO MED 6,500K full spectrum ... I HAVE NO CLUE

What do you guys (and gals) recommend/prefer???

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, over 6500K it is down to aesthetics. My bulbs on my tank are 6500K simply because I prefer the more natural daylight color.

The color temperature doesn't matter as much for the plants as much as the spectrum of light the bulb gives off. I say just pick the one that looks best.

Really, over 6500K it is down to aesthetics. My bulbs on my tank are 6500K simply because I prefer the more natural daylight color.

So when it comes down to 6500K or 8000K it only matters on looks VS needing more light??

Well, the packaging on the ZOO MED says ""6500K high intensity FULL spectrum"" but i like the pinkish 8000K AQUEON because it makes everything look better so i think im going with the AQUEON!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back