Zebra Pleco??

Are you SURE it was zebra pleco? If it is, GRAB it FAST, before someone else gets to it first! :lol:

Yes, they shouldn't cost $15 each. Try 10 times higher at least...

Was about 6-7" and looked identical to that pic. I will call and verify tomorrow, but he called it a Zebra and it looked identical to that pic.

He also said he it had been around a while, nobody wanted it. :-(

6 to 7 inches is not a zebra pleco. they stay wee. there are too many plecos it COULD be though, to list. If they were Zebra plecos though, at 15 bucks each, you buy the whole tank.

Ah, ok. He doesn't have a whole tank though. :(

Most of what he has are 3 or 4 of each variety split between about 12 tanks (he has 12 different kinds of Pleco! :blink: )

I was thinking Clowns for my lower 55G. :D

if your positive it's a zebra plec, snap it up :nod: Howver, there is a possibly that it could be a chocolate zebra plec, which is a similar looking fish, but much cheaper

We saw one today priced at £79, at 1.5 inches. Couldn't justify spending that on one fish. didn't buy it.

If that really is a large Zebra for $15, Buy it!

I will call tomorrow and get the full species name and the number.

If it is a Zebra I will have him hold it for me. :)

10 true zebras sold on Ebay recently for $46.50 each (+ 35. combined shipping) to one buyer, the seller was in Mobile, Alabama, USA. I've heard they're actually quite easy to breed, so I really don't understand the price or the fuss.

Theres no Plec I can think of that is similar looking to L047 and reaches 7", maybe it was another species of catfish and not a member of the Loricariidae family?

A very good price for L047 Zebra Plecs is about £40, this is the lowest I have seem them go for, the highest I have ever seen was £85. :)

when i was looking through our Loricariidae aqualog book at work, there was alot of zebra plec look alikes, i didn't happen to look at the sizes though!!

I'd get it anyways as they look stunning

paul_v_biker said:
when i was looking through our Loricariidae aqualog book at work, there was alot of zebra plec look alikes, i didn't happen to look at the sizes though!!

I'd get it anyways as they look stunning
There are plenty of fish with the same colouring etc but all the ones I can think of only reach about 4-5" at most. :)

Well, whether he is or isn't I have decided not to get him at the time. I already have on Pleco that is going to become lazy, I really don't want two ATM.

But, if know one buys him in the next month, I probably will...... I hate to see fish sit in a fish store for so long. :/

cory said:
10 true zebras sold on Ebay recently for $46.50 each (+ 35. combined shipping) to one buyer, the seller was in Mobile, Alabama, USA. I've heard they're actually quite easy to breed, so I really don't understand the price or the fuss.
The fuss is despite their ease of breeding, they haven't been bred widely yet probably in part to keep their price artificially high and in part because those who have them, probably only have one or two and are not interested or for whatever reason, incapable of breeding them. 10 years from now though, they'll probably be down to the $10-30 range.

My dad is accualtually on his way to Wal-Mart(yea i know I know but this is an awesome fish) for a black & white striped plcostomus that fits your description! :D

Most reactions

Back