Zebra Danio - Eggs

Kirsty

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have two questions:

1. Would females lay eggs without the prescence of a male?

and

2. What do zebra danio eggs look like?

Kirsty said:
I have two questions:

1. Would females lay eggs without the prescence of a male?

and

2. What do zebra danio eggs look like?
1; yes

2; very small clear spheres

What should you do with the eggs if they have been laid and there is no male in the tank?

(I have eggs in my tank, but they are covered with a purple type gunk, still unsure who they belong to but they havent hatched)

remove them, they have gone mouldy and will effect your fish if they eat them.

Can you send a picture of the zebra danio eggs, because i have a lot of small, clear spheres and i am not sure if these are what you are talking about. Thanks. :/
Also, I would like to know if two different types of danios can breed.
(example: zebra danio + blue danio)

I'm sorry, but i do not see any eggs there :( i dont know if the clear spheres that i have are eggs or not :dunno:

There are two pictures of eggs in amongst the pictures if you scroll down?

:lol: oh i see the pictures now. Thanks a lot! The object that i see are just like those! I guess im gonna have lots of babies! :D

if you look carefully, maybe with a magnifying glass or something, you can actually see the fry developing inside.

:drool: WOW really! I'll have to look and see. The Eggs are really tiny! A day has gone by since i had the eggs, so could they be hatching any time soon? How long does it usually take for the eggs to hatch?

Hey my eggs did not hatch that time... :-( But I have another batch! The eggs look exactly the same as the others, so I think they are really eggs! :D

Did they go mouldy? My danio eggs took about two days to hatch.

yup thats what happened. But i have been checkin the eggs every day and they are not moldy. :D Do You still have the babies, if you do, how big are they now?

OOI, how long does it take for an eggbound female to release the eggs? Ive got a few, but they seem to be taking ages to release the eggs.

Most reactions

Back