Zacro Submersible Aquarium Heater

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

julielynn47

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Have any of you ever used one of these heaters? I got one and put it in my 75 gallon tank. I kept hearing something, wasn't sure what it was. Just a few minutes ago I started hearing the noise again and just happened to look at the tank at that precise moment...the heater was releasing bubbles into the water from the bottom.

I have had a lot of heaters over the years, but I have never had one that blew bubbles out the bottom of it. I unplugged it. I don't think I have ever seen it actually heating the water either. But I didn't think much about it because, for one, I don't have any fish in the tank yet anyway, and for another, it has not really gotten cold enough for a lot of heater running to even take place. But I am afraid it is malfunctioning and it might not be a good thing mixing it with water....electricity and water don't work well together.

Just thought I would ask if anyone else ever had this issue

I just don't trust it...maybe the release of bubbles is normal, but I feel that I might be lucky I have not been electrocuted messing around it, rearranging and the like. I just ordered a Jager, I know they work....and they don't blow bubbles out the bottom that are so loud you think there is a kitten playing behind you tank stand...yes, it was that loud. LOL

Most reactions

Back