Yoyo Loaches And Dp....

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Fate2006

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hey, I've heard that Kuhli loaches can go with DP, but they need minimum 20 gallon tank, I've done some research on yoyo loaches and apparently they only need about 5 gallons... Would a yoyo loach be fine with a DP?? I'd like to know for future reference, and for when I get a large DP tank (like 15gallon tank)

Hey, I've heard that Kuhli loaches can go with DP, but they need minimum 20 gallon tank, I've done some research on yoyo loaches and apparently they only need about 5 gallons... Would a yoyo loach be fine with a DP?? I'd like to know for future reference, and for when I get a large DP tank (like 15gallon tank)

Where did you hear that?

And the answer is, the only fish I'd be willing to keep with dwarf puffers are in the pinned thread. The only exceptions would be Irrubesco puffers if it's a very large tank, and bumblebee gobies, but I didn't write those into the pinned thread as they'd create debate as to whether BBG's are brackish, and as to whether puffers can be mixed, both of which are subjects of contention.

I was doing some research on the net and found it... no idea if it's true... I also asked ppl in here and some said "yes" others said "no"... I have no clue why kuhli loaches would be fine..... I know that my current yoyo loach (in my 29gallon tank) keeps a low profile just like otos are supposed to so I though it might be ok... but apparently not :D thanks for clearing this up :lol:

I was doing some research on the net and found it... no idea if it's true... I also asked ppl in here and some said "yes" others said "no"... I have no clue why kuhli loaches would be fine..... I know that my current yoyo loach (in my 29gallon tank) keeps a low profile just like otos are supposed to so I though it might be ok... but apparently not :D thanks for clearing this up :lol:

Where abouts on the net was it posted?

First of all...a Yo-Yo loach (Botia almorhae) can reach in excess of four inches and a 5 gallon tank is nowhere near big enough to comfortably house an adult. I've kept many of them and they are relatively active loaches and like their swimming room. They're also fairly territorial where other loaches are concerned. Regarding keeping them with puffers...I would give that an instant thumbs down. In general, puffers are the spawn of Satan and most (but not all) will nip the fins right off most other fish.

-Joe

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back