Yoyo Loach

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just_Another_One

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ive just picked up 3(for now) little baby YoYo loaches two days ago. They seem to be doing great for the most part, exept for one is missing one of its eyes. Its completey healed with no redness or fungas at all so I think/hope the fish will be fine.

These are my first ever loaches so I'm not quite sure what I should be feeding them. I have Hikari Sinking Wafers and OSI Shrimp pellets. They didn't seem too interested in the wafers that I threw in earlier, either that or theyre just nervous around the greedy little cories. I also through in some frozen bloodworms yesterday but they didnt seem to find any on the sand :(

Do they need/like veggies like plecos do, maybe some zuchinni or cukes? I could get them some if they would eat them.

Can anyone recomend a sinking food for me that loaches LOVE???

Thanks

JMC pellets work well high in protien so will help their growth also just basic sinking foods although they do like some live food like bloodworm and brineshrimp how big is your tank btw

Hi

I found my Yoyo would only eat at lights out :good: but the food you're trying sound right.

Umm right now there only in my 10 gallon planted tank with 3 cories and 1 harlequin rasbora with a AquaClear 50 so really good flitration... I know I know I know its small but in spring time like march/april im getting a 35-40G. I have to resort to two 10G right now after I sold my 65G in December as it was just to much trouble for me ever since Columinaris killed ALL 25 of my fish :(

There tiny little guys anyways so they will be fine in this tank for a month or two.

Also I wasnt under the impression that these guys are noctural as mine seem to sleep at night and are active in the day. I'll drop half a wafer where they sleep tonight to see if that helps maybe then the cories wont get to it first.

Heres a pic of them, you can see there just tiny. The cories are almost bigger than them

017.jpg

Hi again

My wife, "Netty", used to call my yoyo the non-fish lol.......cus you never saw em. But if i watched after lights out out he comes.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back