Your Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

this is a temporary tank for my mbuna cichlids.
Picture251.jpg

The fish that i have in here are,

Pseudotropheus socolofi 3
pseudotropheus elongatus blue 4
pseudotropheus elongatus (red) 4
pseudotropheus acei 3
elongatus chitimba 2
tropheops chilumba 2
maylandia hajomalandi 2
maylandia zebra gold (mundola reef) 2
melanochromis chripokea 1
metriaclima zebra FAR TOO MANY
labidochromis caeruleus 7
marble birchi 2
synodontis feather fin 3

These mbuna will be moving into my 101 gallon tank, its higher and wider than most tanks, so I hope to fit my LARGE rocks in here, but its a job for another day.

here are my 2 quarantine tanks. 1 tank is holding some of my better coloured red zebras.

Picture252.jpg

mammafish, im a him, not a her!

here is my juwel tank with my live bearers in and some fancy siamese fighters, yes they all get along, no fin nipping.

Picture253.jpg

let you off budd. there some great rocks you got yourself today, you can put rocks in from the beach as long as you wash them properly, salt wont do mbuna any harm at all.

i got them from a waterfall near me mate so thats better my wife will be boiling them tomorrow and ill be putting them in friday when i introduce some new fish. hopefully be able to to put my salousi in my biggest lab was beating it up bad last time even though its smaller than the salousi its in my breeding tank at the min.

if you could you would me better removing all your fish when you change your interior around, that way when you put all the fish back there will be no established territories and your socolofi should not be targeted by your yellow lab so much.

Tanks look great brewyn, you must have been a very busy person moving all that rock around. The hap tanks looks very natural and I'm sure that they will really enjoy the extra swimming room. It will make them feel right at home.

Tanks look great brewyn, you must have been a very busy person moving all that rock around. The hap tanks looks very natural and I'm sure that they will really enjoy the extra swimming room. It will make them feel right at home.

Trust me mate, I was cacking me pants, worried sick I was going to drop it! the top of my tank stands at 5ft, so lifting it up, and over was ruddy hard, I had to put the biggest on an upside down bucket in the tank, put a higher bucket next to it, and I had to keep using bigger, after bigger bucket untill the rock was at the top of the tank, have posted a photo of one piece of the rock on the other post that mark has started.
The fish are great, as much as I love my rocks my main intention was to give the happs as much free swimming space as possible but also create a nice and natural looking set up, hopefully I have achieved this!

Brewyn I still can`t get over those Rocks it must of been like an event from the Worlds Strongest Man lifting those Rocks into position !, I love your Fish they are absolutely beautiful, I`m sure they will be really happy in there new habitat looks a lot more natural.

Sam I live in Halifax I work in Horsforth/Leeds , I might venture out for a walk to the Yorkshire Dales and have a look.

Nick

Trust me mate, I was cacking me pants, worried sick I was going to drop it! the top of my tank stands at 5ft, so lifting it up, and over was ruddy hard, I had to put the biggest on an upside down bucket in the tank, put a higher bucket next to it, and I had to keep using bigger, after bigger bucket untill the rock was at the top of the tank. achieved this!

Is this you brewyn?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Highland_Games_Craig_Smith_1_ezr.jpg

tanks

nick and tanks, there only marbles lol. I had to be a little more carefull than him in the picture, he is throwing it onto a brick wall, I was throwing it into a glass box. but I think the facial expression was the same, but I am much better looking LOLOUDER.

How do we know that you are not really tiny and that is why that rock looks so big?

:D :D :D :D

On another note, that tank beside you looks great. It’s always good to see how some tanks tie into people living spaces. Both thumbs up and I really dig the small rounded stones.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back