Your Tank Occupants, Etc.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Zekumi

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, and've been looking all over to see if anything like this has already been posted. Since I couldn't find anything, I guess I'll go ahead and ask (I apologize if something like this is already an active thread/topic!) ...

I was hoping afew of you (or as many as possible, actually) could post 1. your tank occupants, and 2. the size of your tank.

Also wouldn't mind if you posted a picture or two. That's up to you, though.

I'd just really like to get a good idea of what everyone's got, and what kind of success they've had with their setup.

go to members fish and aquarium pictures sub-forum toward the bottom of the main page, you will see loads. Also, many sub-forums have stickies that have journals and what not in them.

I've been looking through the Aquarium Pic. board all throughout today, but it doesn't seem like many people are listing exactly what they've got in there.
I'll check out the journals, though. I haven't done that yet.

I was hoping to find somewhere with just a straightforward list.

Hi Zekumi :)

We're not one of those snobish forums that insists members continue old threads or forget about it. I'll tell you a little about my fish and post some pictures.

Most of my fish are corydoras, but I have a few old gouramis, limia vitattas, blind cave tetras and some bristlenose plecos. I also have some African Clawed Frogs. I currently have 30 tanks running for a total of 649 gallons of water. I've been lucky and while my tanks aren't very fancy, I do have some nice fish.

Here are some pictures of my fish:

CorysBNplecos.jpg

SchoolofGoldShoulders.jpg

SkunkCorysinarow.jpg

I'd like to hear about your fish and maybe see some pictures too.

uh, 29g.

- Bala shark
- Three Skirt Tetras, (Black, Pink, Blue, don't know if its dyed or not. :/)
- Two ADF's
- Three Dojo Loaches
- Yellow Dwarf Gourami
- Two Neon (i think) swordtails
- Rummynose Tetra. (his shoal all died off, from a heater breaking)
- Four Albino Cories.

Well, I can't dig up any pictures but I got youtube videos! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2q4zHE1hYk ( Algae water, still treating)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrhizR17MOU...feature=channel

Also, my 10g :

- One Blue Crayfish
- Two Swordtail fry
- Four tetras, (Two Black neons, Two Neons.)

I'm petsitting the tetras, for a friend who went on vacation for a month. They'll be back in his tank by, this week?

I have one 45 gallon hex tank, and occupying it are a male/female pair of blue gouramis and gold gouramis, 2 salt and pepper corydoras , 2 emerald corydoras, 2 blood parrots( hybrid), and my main man; an albino chocolate plecostomus :hey:

Inchworm, is that a gold bushy nose pleco under that rock? my girlfriend wants one really bad so i need to start scouting for one :rolleyes:

29g:
Many trumpet snails, pond snails and limpets
Far too many apple snails (Pomacea bridgesii)
6 amano shrimp (Caridina multidentata)
60+ cherry shrimp (Neocaridina heteropoda var. red)
~10 ghost shrimp (Palaemonetes paludosus)
2 bamboo fan shrimp (Atyopsis moluccensis)

500L community tank

5 corydora sterbai
1 banjo catfish
1 hoplo catfish
1 brachardi sydontis
26 cardinal tetra
4 emperor tetra
10 h+T tetra
3 kogelvlek tetra
2 killifish
1 gourami
10+ platys
3 mollys
2 zebra danios
5 adult angels
2 juvinile angels
1 kuhli loach

200L

3 australian red clawed crayfish
1 'pim' pictus
1 featherfin catfish

Aqua 40

'Guppy heaven' unknown amount of guppy fry + 5 adults

DSC_0583.jpg

75 Gallon (us) low tech planted
I lost some fish due to loseing the power for 6 days and the temp droping,but atm i have:
12-14 kuhli loach
12 glowlight tetras
5 upsidedown cats
2 spoted rapheal cats
2 SAE
3 cory cats
6 oto cats

I'd like to hear about your fish and maybe see some pictures too.
I'm about as new to aquariums as I am to the forum, so my setup so far is pretty much just the basics. Once I decide exactly what I want to get, I'll totally deck it out.

So yep. It's a 29 gallon.
So far I've got:
- 1 Serpae Tetra
- 4 female Balloon Mollies
- 2 female Swordtails
and a Pleco [whom I'm looking to rehome].
I think one of the Swordtail girls was misidentified, though? She looks more like a Neon Sunburst Moon (although of coarse I'm no expert).

I've also got a little red wendtii. The people at my local Pet Supply knew pretty much zip about plants, so they couldn't point me in the direction of any Java Moss or Fern, but aw well. I'm planning on stopping by Petsmart in afew days. Maybe I'll have better luck there (or beforehand I'll just learn to identify them myself). As best I can, atleast.

Anywho, pictures:
FISH_Mollies_Moon_Swords_002.jpg

The white shape in the right hand corner is Link, my cat. Well, that's his ear anyway. He adores the fish tank. :p

FISH_Mollies_Moon_Swords_001.jpg

I had no option but to leave it on the floor for now. My room's itty bitty. I'll have a stand ready for it by the time I go to college/move out, which'll just be afew more months.

I was hoping by getting an idea of what others've had success with, I could gauge what I might want to add next. I noticed, for example, that some of you seem to have Cichlid with tetra and other small fish? I thought Cichlids were to aggressive for that.
Also, I've been considering Gouramis (although I'm not really interested in Dwarf). You know, looking for some centerpiece fish. Every pet store I've been to so far has steered me away from Gouramis when I asked if they were particularly aggressive. I know better than to trust the store employees word-for-word, but even so ... I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Tank 1 (180 Ltr) - 2x Zebra Pleco (L46)

Tank 2 (125 Ltr) - 2x Leopard Frog Pleco (L134)

Tank 3 (120 Ltr) - 5x Sterbai Cory, 5x Melini Cory, 4x Black Bar Endlers

Tank 4 (100 Ltr) - 5x Sterbai Cory

Tank 5 (60 Ltr) - Sterbai Growout Tank

Tank 6 (30 Ltr) - Sterbai Fry Tank

cant post pics camera is nackered :( but thats wot i have at mo :)

[font="Arial Narrow
Also]

Hi Zekumi :)

This old picture shows three female 3 spot gouramis (Trichogaster trichopterus). They do well together and have never given me a problem with any of the other fish. It's the male gouramis that you have to watch out for. Unless you plan to breed them, it's safer to stick with the females. :D

12-12-07Fulltank.jpg

Most reactions

Back