Your Newest Member & Im Terrified :o)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Skint

Reaction score
Well Hello everybody,

Firstly let me say happy birthday to MaxOverKill, Sirius, fish_r_great, steppy104, lennym75, bettaboi. Congratulations :p

Well I am new to both fish keeping and this forum, and let me say that after reading through the topics this morning and the last few days, I am now terrified hehe :/

I started a new tank a month or so ago ( i had no idea about cycling ). I must have been quite lucky as some of the fish I have are still in good shape ( i think ). I had the tank of my parents who no longer have room as they already have another tank with a HUGE Oscar in it.

I am very naive at the moment as to what types of fish etc can be mixed into a new tank, so I apologise if I offend anybody :S I really wanted the tank mainly for some of the tropical red claw crabs which are awesome, unfortunalty my lack of knowledge meant that they passed away within a month or so ( very poor information from the LFS i must add). I have since been reading up on this new hobby and I am learning I think, that is until I read all these posts about cycling etc. IM TERRIFIED now lol.

Anyway, not getting into too much detail yet, just thought I would introduce myslef.. hello. I will try to get some images of my tank and fish to you soon, I may need some help identifying a couple of fish.

Nice to meet you all.

Skint

Hi
Wellcome to the Forum.Nothing to be scared of ,lots of us are new and still learning.Keep reading and asking questions thats the way to go.

Hi and welcome to the forum. :hi:

Read through the pinned topics at the top of each section. You will find a lot of good advice in them. Don't be scared of fishekkping. We were all newbies once and we've all made mistakes (still do).

Hey, I'm learning too ive had my tank for just over a month and i've had my fair share of hiccups too!
If you need any advice e-mail / message me or whatever and we can share tips! :thumbs:

Hi Gina

Haha do you find this forum as scary as i do ? :-(

Tank cycling, which fish goes with which fish, which plants to use, what food to use, bla bla bla bla bla.... lol I was hoping to just buy a few crabs and some cool fish and that it :p

Everyday is a school day now !! haha

Thanks for the invite to share tips... might need ya one day :D

rdd1952, yeah had a looksy around this forum today, some serious fish collectors on here... some great info too :) Thanks for the welcome.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back