Your Fish Please Show Me Some Pics

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
so what would go well with a dwarf lion?
I plan to get one and use the other aquarium my 50gal for him and maybe one other fish.

and how many are in a pod for the dragonetts that is if you think they'll be safe with the peaceful fish in the 125 tank :)

and like i said i wasn't planning on the pipe but are there any other peaceful fish you would put into the 125?
the dragonetts and the zebra eel, Two Spot Goby/twin spot, Jawfish Dusky are deffinates on what i'm getting so anything that would go with them would be great. :)

Hummm, tankmates for a dwarf lion in a 50g tank? Pygmy angelfish would be a good choice. As would some smaller triggerfish, but Lynden knows more about which specific triggers ;) ;)

As for the 125 and the pipefish... Like I said earlier, about the only fish I know that's compatible with a pipefish is a seahorse. In a tank as large as a 125, a pipefish may be able to eat, but I can't say for sure that it will... As for the other fish you've listed in stocking, consider dwarf/flasher wrasses, anthias, tangs, and different kinds of gobies to be good tankmates.

I decided against the eel as there was plus and negatives on the eating fish...didn't want to take any chances I may get one in a couple years and a 200gallon tank. so that i'm absolutely sure it will be happy and content.

and what kinds of seahorses do you know of? and I still don't know about the pipe....i'd hate to see it starve.
were sticking with the dragonetts, gobies and firefish, clownfish and hopefully two or three seahorses?

also thank you for all your help i cant thank you enough i'm, so glad i found this forum! :lol:

Zebra Morays almost never eat fish. They are about as likely to as the firefish. But anyways, it's up to you.

In addition, crustacean eating morays (Snowflakes and Zebras are the most common) can be kept with seahorses as they will not compete with them for food. Just be sure to keep them well fed in any case.

-Lynden

Zebra Morays almost never eat fish. They are about as likely to as the firefish. But anyways, it's up to you.

In addition, crustacean eating morays (Snowflakes and Zebras are the most common) can be kept with seahorses as they will not compete with them for food. Just be sure to keep them well fed in any case.

-Lynden

thank you Lynden actually I would like one verry badly..... -_-
it would be great if you could give us some info into the zebra she just wont let me get him until she's sure he wont eat everything in the tank i told her he most likely would not as they have different teeth compared to the more aggressive fish eating morays.
as the Echidna nebulosa or Gymnomuraena zebra are the most peaceful eels i've ever heard of with FLAT teeth not sharped pointed ones could you maybe give me a site to back up my information? and your opinion of course.

but we want to make sure, and I dont want to get it and it ends up breaking the rules of convention and eats all of her fish...(those being the ones on the firefish, gobys, blennys....

if you could lend us your opinion that would be wonderful:)

i have a dwarf lion, had him for about 8/9 months i probably see it bout once a month they are nice in the lfs tanks with no rocks but give them somewhere to hide and thats it. gone. not saying yours will just that they can be elusive.

thanks rictheredneck:)

as for the zebra i've gone to as many sites and forum as there are on the net and nothing added up the man that gave me the negative on the eel told me this morning when i called to question him that he'd had maybe 4 cases in the extent of his carrer with them eating fish two were dead and the other two were most likely caused by stress as it was in a 30 gallon with from what uhe said an agressive fish:angry:
thats no reason to say they'll turn around and eat everything in your tank! :angry:

geeze i think i would have snapped under those conditions to. :/

i would still like your opinion Lynden as you seem to know quiet a bit about them:)

ALLLLLRIGHT!!!!!! YES!!!!! :hyper:

she read up on all my research i sent her and said, sounds good! B) :p

I was thinking on getting the book called : Keeping moray eels in an aquarium.
has anyone read it? :good:

and is this food okay?
Ocean Nutrition Aqua Yums Squid Flat Pack or bio pure krill would this be good for the zebra eel? :drool:
I would think the squid would be more filling.

I know at first i'm going to have to have him eat ghost shrimp until he settles in.

thanks everyone! any info always appreciated

The squid may be unhealthy for the moray if fed constantly as it is a very rich food. Krill makes a good staple food, and combining the two would be optimal. Keep the moray well fed as even though they have flat teeth, they are still very powerful animals and can kill fish if they absolutely need to (as such energy will not be wasted on small fish). But if well fed even the fish-eating morays will rarely bother making a kill. Try feeding a few times a week; even so, they can go for months without food.

-Lynden

Thanks Lynden :)
krill and squid is what i'll be buying for it then :)

the only time i would not be able to feed it would be saturdays as we leave on fridays and come back on sundays and then we dont do this every week so i think it will be fine.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back