Your Fish Please Show Me Some Pics

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SnowflakeEel

Reaction score
:nod:
I would really love to see some pics of your fish and ect. please!

i'm trying to get some ideas for my tank and would love to see yours inhabitants:) :hyper:

05-12-07Shots006.jpg

Thats a full tank shot. My fish are a PITA to take pics of since my camera's shutter isn't the swiftest thing but here's what I've got on em.

01-25-07AdmiralHasgins.jpg

01-21-07Shots023.jpg

5-31FairyWrasse.jpg

Here's a better shot of one of my wrasses. Not my picture, but shows it much clearer

image037.jpg

And here's one from my LFS

11-28-06Shots007.jpg

Did you read my journal? :shifty:

Yes, it is an eightline flasher wrasse. Parachilleinus Octotaenia to be exact. The blue one is Cirhillabrus Solorensis.

Did you read my journal? :shifty:

lol no I've been looking through dozens of fish lately

And so far we have on the most likely list:
Green Mandarin dragonets location indo-pacific
Two Spot Goby/twin spot location : indo pacific
Jawfish, Dusky location:Caribbean
Dragon Sea Moth location Indo pacific
Blackfoot Lionfish
zebra moray eel location: indo-pacific
Lineatus Fairy Wrasse
Dragonface Pipefish indo-pacific

if you see any that may harm each other please do tell ;)
the dragonet and the dragon moths are the one I'm currently worrying over (afraid they might be on the menu for someone else in my tank)

:lol: :nod: :D :p :) just gotta love the smileys!

i liek the look of a blackfoot lionfish :good: i wanted a lionfish but they would eat everything else. but on saltwater.com it says it will grow to only 3inches and is peaceful apart from they eat shrimp ! i think i may research that 1 furthur!

There are a few problems on the list.

The mandarins almost always require a large pod population, which means a lot of live rock. The sea moths need a large sand expanse to walk around on and root through. Providing for one of these is not easy, providing for both will require a very large set up.

Jawfish require a sandbed of 5" in which to make their burrow, together with a collection of different sizes of grain in the substrate.

The Blackfoot Lion Parapterois heterura can get to 20cm and is going to be predatory. It is also somewhat of a deep fish (occuring from 40m to 300m) so is probably not the best candidate for aquarium life. Also note that they are temperate, so will prefer much cooler water than traditional tropical SW fish.

The zebra moray shouldn't prove a problem for many (if any) fish, but they do grow large. Easily expect 2 and a half feet, and don't be surprised if it passes 3 feet. Also, expect to lose ornamental shrimps.

Pipefish are somewhat delicate and not recommended for general community tanks due to a somewhat more sedantry feeding pattern to most other fish.

Interesting stock list you have there. At the risk of sounding insulting, that might be the most incompatible list of fish I've ever seen ;). Good thing you asked now :good:

The lionfish will likely make a meal out of the mandarin, jawfish, twin spot goby, pipefish, and perhaps the lineatus if you get a small one over time.

Mandarins are a pain to get to eat and if their tank is too small without enough LR, they will over-predate on copepods and starve themselves. Same with the dragon sea moth

Pipefish are not suitable with most marine tankmates since they will not eat during feeding time as they are scared of tank mates darting after food. Then when the feeding frenzy is over, there's no food left for them to eat and they starve... Great tankmates with seahorses in a species only tank though :)

And the Zebra Moray I might be worried about. As it too may decide its hungry, especially for the smaller fish.

The Lineatus, twin spot, and the jawfish would all make great tankmates though :good:

i wikipedianed the blackfoot lionfish since there seems to be limited information about them and i only came across saltwaterfish.com that sell them!

it said they can grow to 23cm (9in) but most of the specimens only reach a max adult size of 11cm (4in) and like andywg said they live in depths of 40-300 metres meaning they need cooler temperatures and are rarely found in home aquariums! burst my bubble a bit loosk like i wont be venturing into more reaserch on them.

SkiFletch
I don't find it offensive in the least the whole reason i asked was to know if i was doing it right a bit of creative critisisum is never a bad thing when meant to help another ;)

well i just copied this list off the word pad that me and my cousin have without looking seems he added the dragon moth and pipe fish without my consent. :angry:

i was told the black foot only reached 3", were coral safe and peaceful, on saltwaterfish.com is there info faulty? heres the linkblackfootlionfish

we were also thinking on the fuzzy dwarf and zebra dwarf lionfish are they any saferfor my tank as they are suppose to be 7" at maximum tank size?
we have a 125 gallon tank were adding live rocks and were trying to find some corals we already have the sand bed as the Jawfish would need it.

as for the zebra moray eel i'v heard very little bad about them other than, yeah, they are no friends to inverts. and I have tried to make sure everyone is peaceful and reef safe.

how many dragonet's would you want in a pod? w
e were thinking on having a few.

Zebra Morays are one of the best community fish one could get; rarely, if ever, do they eat even the tiniest fish. Shrimps and crabs (excepting hermit crabs and possibly cleaner shrimp) are at risk, however.

The info on saltwaterfish.com is not faulty (most of the time); however, they do not give the maximum size of the fish they sell; just the size that you will receive the fish.

Mothfish do need plenty of open space, though a 120 gallon tank could probably provide this, even leaving some room for rocks and corals.

Your list is incompatible, but far from the most incompatible I have ever seen. Just a few changes'll do it.

-Lynden

I dunno about a "few" dragonets... A 125 is a big tank to be sure, but I dont know if I'd drop two mandarins/dragonets into the tank. I like to tell people 100 gallons is safe for one with somethin around 75-90 a bare minimum. Doubling the predation capacity with two I don't think I'd be comfortable in anthing smaller than say a 180. Then again, IF you find ones that eat frozen, you could keep more. If you do decide to keep dragonets, even a dwarf lionfish will eat them. The jawfish would probably be OK, but definitely not the mandarins. Even dwarf lions can easily consume 3" of fish. Their mouths can get REALLY big...

If you stock the 125 lightly, the pipefish might do ok. But some are just too timid at feeding time :unsure:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back