Your Favourite Simple Pasta Dish....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i outdid myself tonight ! i made a tuna pasta bake with cheese for the family ! wahey!

i like parmesean paste, takesonly a few minutes! Boil the pasta ( i usually use the seashell kind) then drian it after it is cooked, then add butter melt the butter to the pasta, then add lots of parmesean cheese, heat over low-medium heat stirring contstantly until cheese has melted a bit mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Carbonara takes no time at all, just cook your pasta, stick in a bit of cream and an egg yolk or two, mix and add pepper to taste.

how about (not so easy but tastes bloody gorgeous)

make a basic tomato sauce using passata, add a bit of cream and whisk it all up over a low heat, then add in some sambuca (only about a shot/shot and a half) and some cooked prawns, and cooked courgette (also had it with chopped pepperami and olives-quite nice also) then just season with lots of fresh black pepper and a little salt- it's lovely! (nice when your dad is a restauranter and you live above his restaurant-my other half loves where we live !)

Anyone good at arrabiata? (spelling?)
This should be quick, easy, tasty...
But everytime i make it while certainly edible it just somehow seems incorrect, too watery and/or oily, the chilli, bacon and tomatoes (tinned or not) don't quite sit right together and the entire taste just seems a little harsh and tinny. Can't seem to muster suitable seasoning that could maybe bring the dish together a bit more.
I've tried at least 3 different recipes, one out of the silver spoon (top-notch italian cook book), i'm not sure if it should end up the way it turns out when i make it? It seems disjointed.
I've tried extra tomato puree for thickening, cornflour as well, neither of which sit right with the dish.
Any tips?

i'll ask my dad if you like, he's the pasta king :p I'll pm you with what he says

have you tried adding a bit of sugar to the tomato? if that doesnt work just use a tad little tiny bit of bicarb-takes the acid taste out of the tomatoes and means you need less sugar. You can also whizz the tomatoes with an electric hand whisk-should help it sit better. Will talk to my dad tonight for you

Yes please,
I've tried the sugar trick and used various consistencies of tomato sauce but have never heard of the bicarb idea....
Much appreciated. :nod:

pasta bows (not sure the proper name) with olive oil in the saucepan while your boiling the water.
serve it with green pesto and parmesan.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :drool:

the perfect dinner is the 3 p's

Pasta
Pesto
Parmesan

in that order ;)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO if garlic bread only began with a P mmmm imagine , just imagine people!!!!

garlic bread is a deffinate side to anyones pasta,

My favorite is Rotini pasta (corkscrew, I like the garden variety), cubed grilled chicken, sliced water chestnuts, raw cauliflower pieces, sliced olives of your choice, sliced carrots, or any raw veggies you like, and parmesan cheese, with either homemade or store bought Italian dressing.

Boil and drain your pasta, heat up italian dressing with the cooked chicken, and olives (brings out the flavor IMO), mix all ingredients together, then let sit in fridge for at least three hours. Great either cold or hot. I like to go to the local farmers market and pick up fresh veggies so the ingredients alway change.

Most reactions

trending

Back