Your Favourite Simple Pasta Dish....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

-germ-

Rheophilic....
Reaction score
I love pasta, at least 4 of my meals every week are pasta based.....
I've mastered (if i dare say so myself :D ) all the basic recipes i know of, but it can get a bit boring....
Any relatively quick, or easy pasta recipes anyone may have'd be nice to know...

My favourites are true carbonara (no cream, milk) just spaghetti, fry your bacon to a crisp, stick your cooked spaghetti in the frying pan, add two eggs per person and parmesan to taste and stir....
Lasagna (easy if your good at making bechamel, but never quick) using fresh tomatoes, with minced pork and sage as your ragout and adding pre cooked bacon and sundried tomatoes between layers. Cook it for someone and see their face when they take their first mouthful...
Or good old pasta with home made pesto and reduced balsamic vinegar dribbled everywhere....

More please!!!

yum, what a good idea for lasagne, if i do say so myself my lasagne is pretty tasty as it is but i quite like that idea, think i might do that tonight

i do creamy carbonara which i love, don't really like it with egg's in.

from my student days it's so cheap but i just love pasta with tuna mayo and sweetcorn in, could eat that for days on end

another nice simple one is just to roast of a load of peppers, tomatoes, onions, garlic, courgette, whatever you fancy really, then blitz it but leave it a bit chunky, simple but gorgeous pasta sauce

I like to do a fairly basic garlic tomato and pepper sauce to go with pasta in the summer.

Take 2 red peppers 1 yellow pepper (sliced) and 6 crushed cloves of garlic and stir fry them in olive oil over a gentle heat in a large frying pan for a few minutes, add 4 large skinned tomatos (chopped), a couple of tablespoons of sundried tomato puree and a teaspoon of freshly ground cumin, season with salt and pepper and bring the whole lot up to a simmer, then reduce the heat as low as it goes and cook with a lid on the pan for 30 minutes.

Serve poured over cooked pasta with freshly grated parmasan.

Aubergene pasta, the way forward my friends...

Crush coriander in a pestle and mortar, and add as much dried chilli (or fresh) as you want. Fry this in hot oil for about a min. Chop half a large aubergene into cubes of arround 1x1x2cm and add them. The aubergene soaks up quite alot of oil so youll need to add more and keep frying it all (on a hot temperature) until the aubergene pieces are gloden/brown. Then add a tin of chopped tomatos and reduce it until the consistency you want is reached, then add it to whatever pasta you want.

hiya, i'm 1/2 italian and my dad (the italian side of me) owns a restaurant :p

i would say either of these two:

Penne alla Norma

cook the penne , and whilst its cooking whizz some ripe tomatoes to a rough pulp, then cook gently over the heat with some fresh basil and seasoning

fry up some aubergines (thick, round slices)

then drain pasta, add sauce and aubergines and grate plenty or ricotta salata (salted riccota, not sure if you can get hold of it here) or parmesan

Gnocci alla basilico

ultra simple! cook the gnocci, then drain, a teeny bit of olive oil (to stop them sticking) then stir in green pesto and grate some parmesan on the top. serve with garlic bead :)

buon appetitto!

just thought of another one- the pasticcio, however i will ask my dad and get back toyou cos he makes a mean one!

Sausage Pasta is a popular meal in our house. Fry off some chopped up sausages, add celery, mushrooms and fry for another 5 mins. Add a couple of tins of chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, sweetcorn, green beans and mixed herbs. Let it cook away for 30 mins or so. Cook some pasta up and mix both together. Serve with grated cheese.
We have lasagne every now and again which is one of my favourites, just takes a little while to prepare. Well worth the wait though!

Dessert pasta :drool:

2/3 c. Acini Di Pepe macaroni, cooked
1/4 c. sugar
1 tbsp. flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 tsp. salt
4 oz. walnuts, chopped
Sm. jar Maraschino cherries
8 oz. Cool Whip
20 oz. can crushed pineapple
11 oz. can Mandarin oranges, cut-up
1 pkg. miniature marshmallows

Cook macaroni; drain and set aside. Mix sugar, eggs, flour, salt and 2/3 of the juices from pineapple and oranges. Cook until it thickens. Add macaroni. Refrigerate overnight. Add well-drained pineapple and oranges, walnuts and cherries. Then add Cool Whip and marshmallows. Refrigerate before serving.

My favorite. I have a sweet tooth.

All good so far, bit drunk though so tonight will be a simple arrabiata...
BUT...
Wtf is coolwhip amber

I love aking the sauces from scratch.

Green Peppers
Tomatoes - Plum
Sweetcorn
Aubergine
Courgettes
Red Onion
Spring Onions
New Potatoes
Loads of Mushrooms
Dolmio Sun dried Tomatoes

If making just for my wife and parents then i also add freshly crushed Green/Red Chillis about 1-2 teaspoons

Pasta Shells

I cook the onions in Olive oil and Butter untill golden brown
Add the Mushrooms Sliced
Add more oil as mushrooms soak it up
Then the Peppers - Sliced
Sweetcorn and Courgettes/Aubergines

Let that simmer for a while and become lovely and nice

Here I add my spices like oregano, Vege Oxo Cube
Add tin of Plum Tomatoes - Chopped
Add the Sun Dried tomatoes
Add some Luke warm Water

Let that reduce untill at the consistency you want it at.

then a few mins before serving add some diced potatoes - soaks up excess sauce.

Special Ingredient is a tub of philadelphia, It makes the sauce so RICH and Unhealthy but tastes divine.

the just before serving with the pasta. Stir in a few chunks of butter and serve.

I have tried to make bechemel sauce and stood there for ages waiting for it to thickin.
So i Cheat and use a large tub of Single or Double cream and make it that way.

theres nothing simpler then grating cheese onto the top of the pasta :D

im a fussy eater! and + i can make pasta and and grate cheese

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back