The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesand1313

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I'm kind of nervous about posting this but.. Well, here it goes.

I got invited to a party and I'll be the youngest one there. All of them are 17-18 years old and I'm 15 (turning 16 in a month so I don't even count myself as being 15 anymore).

Two things, one being that I've never been to a party before... what's there to expect? What goes down? How do I act? What not to do?

And second, there'll be alcohol involved.
I've already tried some before and it was kind of gross, it was diet coke and alcohol mixed together with vanilla extract or something.. I've also tried this one called Mike's Hard Lemonade, not sure if you have it where you live??

Anyways, before anybody panics, I'm NOT planning on getting drunk, that's not the kind of person I am. My mother, who doesn't drink at all, said it's okay for me to try some or have one or two so I DO have her permission.

I'm just nervous, that's all. 
Not sure how people act when they're drunk (the older ones'll most likely be drunk) and also how do I avoid getting like them? The last thing I want to do is get drunk, and the limit I've put myself at is three drinks the whole night. Also, how do I avoid throwing up? Don't want to do that :s

right, just relax is the main thing, be yourself dont over think to much (the alcohol should help with that), im that age and been partying since your age, if you dont want to get to drunk eat a good meal with carbs before you go out and drink some milk, you should be fine on 3 drinks, drink them slow then you'll find your limmit of where you want to be, try to avoid high % drinks like vodka and dont mix everyones different in what they can take 

you dont need to get drunk to have a good time,  and tbh you will 

Am 22 years old, Drank at the age of 16, Never drank again. Don't like drunk people etc etc.

You do not need to drink to have a good time and it scares me how many young people think otherwise, Stick to your diet cokes and pepsi and you'll have a great time :p

Thanks for the advice, guys.

I know I don't have to drink to have a good time, I don't know why I'd do it, I guess I just got it in the frame of mind it's just like any other drink but has side effects.

It's a good thing we're going shopping today, cause we ran out of food... and milk. xD
I heard drinking water in between helps, does it? Or is that just for hangovers?

As a father of a young son and someday I hope to have a daughter I feel there are two different ways I want to approach this.  First of all with my son I want to teach him that at all times he must at like a gentlemen.  I feel this is lost now.  If that means that he has a couple drinks and then stops, so be it.  He is to never put anyone in a position where they are uncomfortable or compromised.  If I am ever blessed with a daughter I want to tell her to never allow anyone to ever put her in a position where she is treated unfairly without her best interests in mind.  I hope that she has a few close friends she can rely on to help look out for her.  This is part of the process of growing up, but I am fear that chivalry is dead, and that there is a constant negative pressure on youth from their peers to get into adults 'things' way too young.  If I could do my youth all over again I'd be less interested in alcohol and parties, it helped create a world of issues with me throughout my 20s, that I am proud to say I have seemed to conquer now.  Everyone is different and genetics certainly weren't on my side, so that isn't meant to say that most people can't go out and have fun and know there limits and stick to them.  Some people can't and won't.  Go out, have fun with your friends, be yourself, and don't feel the pressure from others around you. 

i never get hang overs, but water does help, alchol dehydrates you, and thats what causes hang overs, if you stick to 3 pints you should be fine, i dobut you'll be falling over backwards from it but everyones different, spread the 3 over the night, thats what i do when i drink, i might drink a bit more at the start of a party then just keep tispy by drinking thoughout the night 

Wow, thank you.
Uhm, can I just add that my friend, who is 17, is going to be watching over me, she said so herself. 
And my friend who is hosting the party, he's still got chivalry, I know because I went on a date with him once ^^

I don't completely know everybody that is there but most of them are nice and I doubt the party will get out of hand, only about 20 people are likely to show up and anybody he doesn't know gets kicked out. I know about... six people there, one of them is in my grade. I'll probably just stick to her lick glue the entire time But I won't really want to since we're friend-enemies

Now, away from the alcohol, what is there to expect there? What even happens at house parties?

My best advice would be; relax!

Thousands of people go to parties all the time and have a good time
smile.png

People will listen to music, dance, talk, nothing scary
wink.png

One thing; if you don't want too drink much, don't let other people talk you into doing it; stick to your guns
good.gif

it depends on the type of the party, as flutter said, playing cards and party games like spin the bottle might happen, but nothing to scary, i think you get to really know people at partys because its who they are outside of school/work or whatever. 

What to expect depends a lot on the people there!  At most parties you can expect at least a good mix of talking, dancing, drinking and flirting.

If you don't want to throw up then don't mix your drinks... if you want to try something different then a sip is fine but otherwise just stick to one type of alcoholic drink.  Shandy (beer/lager mixed with 50% lemonade) might be a good starting drink.

Have fun!
yay.gif

I would say you are already thinking things through well enough to make some good decisions.  Most people don't put half the thought into it as you have, and that is more than a good start.  That being said, try to have fun, don't drink too much that it gets in the way of the party being enjoyable, that is what parties are for, to be enjoyed!  

Thanks guys! 

I got lots of good advice from all of you, I think I know what to expect/what to do!

Ooh! Parties! I love parties! Food all round!
Not much advice really. Sit in a corner and wait for it to stop.
XD just kidding.
Is 15 year old person drinking legal over there?

i thought the lowest age for drinking in candadian provinces is 18?regardless i want to move to canada.

.... I'm not going to lie, it's not.

It's legal if you're drinking in your own house, but that's not what's going on here.
But, I do have parental consent (And she's not a drinker at all) and she's even supplying me with me own bottle.

It is younger than in the United States though, it's 19 instead of 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back