You Can Feed Your Fish For Less Than $1 A Day

True, but they lived off:
  • plain oatmeal
  • peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with only 1 tablespoon[/1] of each
    [*]rice, beans and tortillas for dinner


I believe the closest they came to fruits and veggies was the Tang that they drank to prevent scurvy.
 
As a collage student I can eat nothing but instant Ramen and water for a few days, but only a few days.......... Then I need real food. Or that stuff they serve in the cafeteria.....I don't know what it is.....

I could not feed myself for $1 a day :crazy:.

I'm pretty sure my fish eat better than me :D
 
A cute trick for ramen is to use the water you make it with to boil some frozen vegetables. Once you add in the noodles you actually end up with a healthy meal instead of flavored empty calories. I usually throw in enough veggies that by the time I eat it, it almost doesn't have any liquid. I suppose canned veggies would work but I prefer frozen.
 
Or just grow your own veg from seed. Even lettuce can be grown in windowbox.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top