Yo-Yo loach versus filter unit?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

sazza

Reaction score
So the filter starts making a funny noise, then i see a fish shoot out from the filter pipe (the tank is a Jewul Vision 180 with internal filters)....oh my word...surely little fishy cannot survive..... :sad:

After his experience the loach dissapeared into his cave... that was about half an hour ago...since then i have been avidly watching the tank for any signs of reappearance not knowing whether or not to have a poke around in there to see if i need to pull out the body or whether he has survived.

Have just spotted the loach, and he appears to have damage to his gill area - a little redness and maybe damaged skin, but apart from being visible shaken looks better than could be expected.

But what should i do....could the damage lead to infection and a slow death? Has anyone experience this before?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Add some melafix to the tank if haven't got any try aqarium salt, turns lights off and leave in peace and quiet why he settles down, good luck.

Thanks, he seems to be out swimming around now, but his face/gill area looks to have lost a layer!

Fingers crossed.

As long as you have good water quality he should be fine, make sure the wound dosn't become infected.

Most reactions

Back