Yet more news... and arrivals

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
Well I decided that the little filtered Azoo tank is somewhat of a death trap for me... I lost the prettiest little girl I've had yet. 3rd one!! Argh. And this one was sooo full of personality, I was falling in love with her after just a few days. Anyways, the other morning I checked and she was gone... just gone. Not in the tank, not anywhere around the tank.. nowhere!! :blink: I totally tore my room apart looking for her in case she was still alive, but no luck. :byebye: She obviously jumped out and I guess the dog or cat ate her, but that seems hard to believe because the cat is so old and toothless, and the dog is well... not like that! -_- It's really the only option I couldn't rule out though.

Decided to try this tank, one more time. Went to Walmart since they're the only place around with girls... and came home with 2 bettas.. :p I know, y'all are not surprised. Anyways, the girlie looks like the one who just died, only with a bit more of a spiky tail so I think she has at least part crowntail genes. So far she seems to have a lot of personality, she was trying to eat the gravel in her tank about 5 minutes after I put her in it. :rolleyes:

The other betta I brought home is... *drumroll*... a chocolate! I know some of you will be jealous, so I must brag. :smb: He's pretty nifty. He isn't in very good shape, but his coloring is so unique I just had to get him, and even convinced mom to let me (usually I have to make sure to only buy fish when I'm alone.. haha). He has greenish blue highlights in his tail too... very cool. :wub: Got him a lil kritter keeper and set it up, he seems pretty happy as of yet. I just hope I can get his health issues cleared up, his fins don't seem to healthy, he might have the beginnings of rot. I'm workin on it tho! ;)

Merry Christmas.... TO ME! :lol:

Yes! Merry Christmas to you! :hyper:

Just a suggestion: maybe you should make the Azoo heavily planted, that way they won't have 'running room' to accelerate out of the tank.

We should expect to see pictures soon, right? RIGHT?
:sly:

Well, I feel bad taking away swimming room to tell ya the truth. I did come up with a solution to prevent further jumping problems tho. I bought some of that plastic canvas at a craft store and cut it as a lid with holes for the filter and light. It doesn't look incredibly stupid, and it does its job so I'm happy. :p

I'd love to give pics, but I just don't have a cam. *sigh* I know all the boys would love to show off too... Oh well!

ooh a chocolate sounds so cool!!! (teehee i AM jealous!) i love those crazy coloured bettas. congrats on the new lil fishies!!
~dEx :*

Most reactions

Back