Yet Another New Nano

trace1

Fish Addict
Reaction score
well i've started my nano tank, its a 60l 2ft tank i got 10kg of lr.
i've got a hydor koralia 1 power head running & a 50watt heater.
i feel cheated thou cos as yet i've not seen any hitch hikers at all :-( :-(
here are some pics of the tank
PB110008.jpg

PB110007.jpg

PB110001.jpg

PB110006.jpg

anyone think this could turn into something ???

PB110004.jpg

PB110003.jpg

night time is when most of your hitchers will come out...Im sure you got plenty of things you cant even see like bacteria and lots of pods. The pic kinda looks like a goni skeleton.

yeah know most hitch hikers come out at night, but thought i would have seen something :-( :-( lol
knowing my luck i will find something in there i don't want lol
going to get my test kit next week then i can keep an eye on things
can't wait to put my cuc in there then i can add a couple of fish :D :D

i've had my kitchen where the tank is in total darkness in the hope that i would confuse any nocturnal hitch hikers & it worked :hyper: .
theres at least 5 bristle worms in there so there is hope lol
so at least i got something

ok so i've just found something else, looks a bit like a nacho, its the only thing i can thing of describing it like lol.
here are the pics just hope you can see whats there & give me an id on it to make sure its ok
PB120002.jpg

PB120001.jpg

hah I have a few of those on my rocks as well, one actually wedged itself into my big hermits shell once, then it somehow got onto the side of a rock...Im not sure what it is...some sort of mollusk I guess. Mine are all bright white though. I once posted here describing it as a white vagina looking thing :p Mine seems to have more ridges and patterns on the back "hinge" than yours I think. I'm curious to see what it is as well.

well i found another little tiny snail last night, looks a bit like a mts (malaysia trumpet snail) or that sort of shape.
it was way to small to get a pic of thou :( .
hoping to get my test kit this week so i can start testing things.

Its starting to come together trace, keep up the good work. Defo make sure you get a test kit asap as you will need it to determine when it has cycled and so when you can add your CUC! :look:

Dont worry about hitchhikers, they come naturely with nearly all LR but you hardly ever see them! Just give your tank a bit of time to finish cycling and start to mature and you will be surprised at what weird and wonderful little creatures start to appear out of nowhere! ;)

i'm pretty sure i have a button polyp on my lr now as well is it normal to just see 1 ??:hyper:
i did try taking a pic of it but its to small & my camera is crap lol
i'm getting my test kit this weekend so i can start testing the water to see how things are going, i will post the readings when i've done them.

i have 2 button polyps on differents pieces of rock thou :lol: i've also seen what i'm sure is a little feather duster, so there be life in my tank :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
tested the levels today & they are as follows
ammonia 0.2
nitrite 0
nitrate about 10
ph is 8
so all in all not to bad i don't think

i've just managed to upgrade to a 100 litre tank, going getting it tomorrow its got a skimmer heater filter a t5 light unit plus 6kg of live rock & a mouse ear coral not sure what that is lol. got it all for £92.
i'm going to transfer my 10kg of live rock into the new tank, do you think this will be ok as the new tank has the coral in it ??
could someone please let me know this before tomorrow night as i don't want to do any damage to the coral if its not ok :crazy:

i've just managed to upgrade to a 100 litre tank, going getting it tomorrow its got a skimmer heater filter a t5 light unit plus 6kg of live rock & a mouse ear coral not sure what that is lol. got it all for £92.
i'm going to transfer my 10kg of live rock into the new tank, do you think this will be ok as the new tank has the coral in it ??
could someone please let me know this before tomorrow night as i don't want to do any damage to the coral if its not ok :crazy:

wow not a single person bothered to give me any advice on that one question, just as well it wasn't an emergancy really wasn't it :no: :grr:

Most reactions

trending

Back