Yet Another Nano Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i know normally dwarf flame angels cant go in anything less than a 30 gallon but seeing as my tanks a 30" long one could a flame andgel go in there. failing that would a coral beauty be a better idea?

well test are in and all is good
ammonia 0
nitrate 0
nitrite 0
ph 8.0
:hyper:
i know that the ph could be a little higher but i know its a new tank and that the ph can be a little low at the start but oh well its not far off.

anyway little bit of re aquascaping today heres the pics

some sort of sponge?
CIMG0027.jpg

CIMG0026.jpg

CIMG0028.jpg

CIMG0030.jpg

what would you all reccomend for my first corals at the moment i have 2x 39 watt actnics taking care of the lights

Hummm, dual PCs I'd consider pretty any soft coral if you like them (zooanthids, palythoa, leathers, xenia, etc) or some easier LPS like open brains, bubble, euphylla genus.

oh whoops sorry should have said i went for the t5's in the end so right now its dual t5 tubes retro fitted (kinda) but i do plan on a second set

well erm minor problem. half the clean up crew just arrived.step sister (who is really into fishys too) and her grandparents arrived today with a late xmas present all reccomended by their local lfs 4 turbo snails a peppermint shrimp apparently but im not 100% true doesnt look like any i have seen and 2 red leg hermits. :crazy: just gunna acclimatise them well and hope they all look in pretty good health tbh :good: so heres to hopin :drinks:

Goolduck. Hopefully they all mix well. The turbos and Shrimp[ should be fine, its the hermits that might fight, but they will sort it out, even if that means the extinction of another species in your tank! :rolleyes: Did you get anyt other sp. of hermit in your order?

the pics look great and so are your test results you might see a climb in nitrate so keep your eye on it :good:

post some pics of your hermits and remember to get a few shells from your LFS so they can change, might stop them fighting to much :crazy:

popping out to the lfs now to pick up a few little bits will grab some shells while im there hermit 1 has climbed the entire drop off bit and was heading back down but the other one made it about 3 inches then turned around a few times snails are doing well and seem happy so im hopeful

does any one know if Green-x is ok for use with inverts it says its ok for s/w aquariums so i was going to add in greenex until i can get hold of rowaphos or simalar thanks james

ooooo busy day today last cuc have been purchased and my very first coral yipee pics tonight all in bags acclimatising atm

A long over due update, after a minor allergic reaction while catching the attacker of my starfish im ok again, no hospital trip or anything but my arm spasmed for an hour or so :rolleyes: but all is well and peace has been restored anyway enough of my waffle a picture speaks a thousand words

torch coral
CIMG0088.jpg

CIMG0086.jpg

green chromis
CIMG0087.jpg

the whole tank
CIMG0083.jpg

CIMG0084.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online