yet another live rock question!

Eob13681

Reaction score
Hi folks,

When landscaping live rock is it better to have it all clumped up close, or is it better to have gaps so water can move freely around it? I have it so there is quite a lot of tunnels and hidies for the fish. Wish my copperband would come out just sometimes tho!! He's soooo shy.

Eddie

I prefer to get as much circulation around the rock as possible, hence why i use a reef rack

Navarre said:
I prefer to get as much circulation around the rock as possible, hence why i use a reef rack
Juat read another post you made about reef rack.

Wish I'd knowen about this method before I set up seems to make sense!

Well, it certainly keeps the detrius from gathering around the base of the rocks which is a good thing. the circulation around the rocks is very good indeed. If anyone was going to starts a new tank I owuld highly recomend building one. However, Its very difficult to iinstall in a tank that is already setup so maybe a powerhead in the back of the rocks would be a good alternative.

well I have one of my powerheads pointing down behind the rocks, Im well pleased now! I seem to be doing well, I think my tank looks great now, bt I'mm gonna let it settle for a while without adding anything else, try and let things establish a bit.

I just use a turkey baster about once a week to blast the nasties off the rock. Works fine for me. A rack is a good idea, it also gives the rock some stability. I will probably institute that in my 29 gal which will be going up soon.

Most reactions

Back