Yet A Another Newbie

Fish noob

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been lurking in this forum for sometime. I finally got 2nd hand 10 gallon tank with a filter.

Few questions:

the filter i have is very simple, water goes one way and comes out the top. No noise since it is not a mechanical filter. It has carbon pad and biological pad (tray with plastic mesh).

1. Is this good?
2. i know enough to not use carbon pad but what should i replace it with? any sponge from dollar store ok?

I had fish before when i was living there. I never used heater or filter and never had fish die due to ammonia. This was about 13 years ago, I am completely clueless about the process.

is this a good water conditioner? water conditioner
thanks

I dont know much about the filter you have, but seachem prime is awesome stuff. I have always used it for my tanks. Its great because it has chemicals to reduce ammonia to less harmful substances, which is great because I have ammonia in my water.

Hi Fish Noob and welcome to the forum :hi:

Would you be able to uplaod a photo of the filter? That way we can guess what you would be able to fit in there. It's always a good idea to have some fine filter wool in the filter to help "polish" the water and remove all larger waste particles in the water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back