yellow water???

byron69

Reaction score
I have a large 50gallon tank (JUWEL) with a built in filter and do water changes every six weeks and clean the filter each week but i still have a yellow tinge to the water, i also have problems with black hair algae but this is slowly clearing, does any one have any more suggestions other then cleaning the tank more often as it is already difficult to fit in the time at the moment.

thanks

Do you have driftwood or bogwood in the tank? If so, it might be causing the yellow tint to the water. Mine actually gets tinted brown from it. Adding carbon to your filter mighthelp.

no i dont have bogwood, just a large piece of real coral on white sand and plants and the built in filter already has a carbon pad. :/

Coral in a freshwater tank can affect the water hardness and possibly (someone correct me if I'm wrong!) the pH. This will make the water unpleasant for your fish to live in. Is the sand just white sand, or is it coral sand? -_-

it is just white sand i was told the coral is freshwater safe.

how long is recommended for a partial water change?

I think you should swap your toutine round and be doing water changes every week and cleaning your filter every 6. I trust you are only rinsing the sponges in discarded tank water not cleaning it under the tap???

Most reactions

Back