Yellow Tinted Water?

Nidgi

Reaction score
Hello again,

pretty new to all this, so bear with me!!

My tanks been up and running now for 5 weeks or so, everything seems to have settled down, except water has turned yellowy in colour, still clear though! I heard waste products can be the cause of this, but is it easy to clear? Carbon filter pads? Trouble is i use a fluval plus 1 filter and you can only fit one pad in to the filter at any time..
I believe that on changing the filter pad you're supposed to keep some of the old filter as this houses the bacteria, but if i change the filter will i have to put in a brand new one?? and if so what about the bacteria levels? Will i get a nitrate spike if for example if i use a carbon filter pad to clear up water?? and if so how long before the bacteria establishes itself again?

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks

Neil..

Hello again,

My tanks been up and running now for 5 weeks or so, everything seems to have settled down, except water has turned yellowy in colour, still clear though! I heard waste products can be the cause of this, but is it easy to clear? Carbon filter pads? Trouble is i use a fluval plus 1 filter and you can only fit one pad in to the filter at any time..
I believe that on changing the filter pad you're supposed to keep some of the old filter as this houses the bacteria, but if i change the filter will i have to put in a brand new one?? and if so what about the bacteria levels? Will i get a nitrate spike if for example if i use a carbon filter pad to clear up water?? and if so how long before the bacteria establishes itself again?

Thanks

Neil..
did u recently added drift wood ?

Hello again,

Thanks

Neil..
did u recently added drift wood ?

Hey there

We've had some bogwood in tank from day 1, i admit i never soaked it for long, a quick rinse and stuck it in tank!!

Thanks for quick reply..

Most reactions

Back