Yellow Tang Problems

Debwit

Reaction score
Can anyone shed light on what may be wrong with my Yellow Tang. He seems to have a small white growth on his fin that looks like a small blister. He is eating and is very lively but I want to make sure this is nothing serious. I have just returned after being away for 5 days. Have done a big water change and he is eating, is there anything else I should do for him. He's only a youngster.

As its a tang, my immediate reaction would be that its most likely ich. Is it a fairly new addition to the tank or has any other fish been added recently without being in quarantine first?

How do I upload phots? Have managed to take a couple. Yes we have had a few new additions, Regal Tang, Tassle fin file fish and chalk face goby!

Get yourself a free photobucket account, upload your photos and then under the photo copy the img code and paste it in here

Seffie x

This is the way I do it.

Open Paint
Click file and then open
Find the pic you want to post and open it
Then click Image and scroll down to resize/skew.. and click that
you can then resize you pic, I change both from 100 to 30 in the resize boxes.
You image should now be small enough, so save that and your done. Well almost, then browse for your resized image and follow on from there.

Hope that helps

VM

tang1.jpgThankyou, here's the first one

Another. Hope it's obvious on his left fin[
attachment=58806:tang2.jpg]

tang 4.jpg
This one shows how big it is even though a bit blurred

Attachments

• tang2.jpg
    tang2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 66
Is anybody around as I now have a Yellow Tang with two white blisters. One as in the attached photos and he now has another one on top of his eye. I rang my LFS and because I can't catch him I have added some oodinex on recommendation from them. The regal tang is also showing signs of ich as he is rubbing himself on the rock!Is there anything else I should be doing?

You are going to have to take both fish out of the reef and put into qt and then treat with copper

Seffie x

cant really tell on the yellow, but the regal in the background looks like he has whitespot

could be micro bubbles as i see some else where in the picture

You are going to have to take both fish out of the reef and put into qt and then treat with copperSeffie x

the "spot" on the yellow looks too big to be marine Ich but treating with copper in a QT tank wouldnt do no harm

cant really tell on the yellow, but the regal in the background looks like he has whitespot

could be micro bubbles as i see some else where in the picture

You are going to have to take both fish out of the reef and put into qt and then treat with copperSeffie x

the "spot" on the yellow looks too big to be marine Ich but treating with copper in a QT tank wouldnt do no harm

yeah it does, but it could well be an injury picked up because it has itch and flicked off the rock work. Id be 99% sure that it is white spot on that regal

Problem is I can't catch either of them and the tank has inverts. I have been treating with Oodinex, have increased tempertaure and the flow with palcing the power hhead nearer the surface. Only snag now is my tri-coloured hammerhead coral ooks like it is dying!!! HELP!!

Most reactions

Back