Yay 4 New Fish!

Hawkins

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 16, 2008
Messages
1,340
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
United Kingdom
I got a Juwel Rio 125 recently, and i have decided to have a change of fish in it..

so I bought 2 blue rams and 2 gold balloon rams! :D

the guy at my LFS suggested i dont put them in first so i have put them in my first tank for now.

one of the blue rams doesnt seem happy - hes breathing really fast and is actually touching the bottom.

water stats are fine, blah blah dont ask.. i did a water change before putting them in
 
Rams can be very sensitive to water conditions, particulary nitrAte, not saying yours is high though.

Keep an eye on him, he may just be stressed from the move - but its not a good sign.
 
im saying its the move.. i just did a 30% water change =\

water stats are ok. i forget what the nitrate was at but i said "oh this is ok" and jsut tipped it away.
 
below 20ppm for Rams if at all possible, myself I do w/c 2 x weekly to keep them low for the rams, I know Tenohfive does this too, as they like pristine water quality.
 
I'll do another small waterchange now just to be sure then. Each waterchange I do i take gravel out - as i want to try a different substrate, but am in no rush. I took a few net fulls of gravel out just now and there is loads of crap settled on the glass bottom. It'll do it good to syphon some #### out.
 
Ok well when the blue rams were in the bag, one was breathing really heavily through its gills with its mouth constantly open. the other was very calm, i even thought it was dead at one stage!

obviously i didnt know which was normal as i havent had rams before

i got home and put them in, and the one breathing heavy was sinking to the bottom.. i then noticed it had MOUTH FUNGUS! it died a few hours later.. It was too late for me to do anything, even if i noticed it straight away. :rip:

Gonna try and get another tomorrow
 

Most reactions

Back
Top