Yahoo! - New 5 Footer Has Come!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Harlequins

***Corydora Crazy***
Reaction score
I received delivery of my new 5 foot tank today 410 litres :hyper: :good:

Very nice delivery man used his trolley to get it into the house, very good service,has it was suppose to be kerb side delivery only.

After spending a few hours putting the cabinet together with no instructions, and 4 of us lifting the extremely heavy tank onto the base,its now in situ :good:

Tomorrow i want to go and get some sand,backing,plants and whatever else that i need to get this lovely tank up n running :lol:

Can't wait to move my stock across and plan what other fishies to get :hyper:

We want photos!
We want photos!
We want photos!
We want photos!
We want photos!
We want photos!

Awesome stuff! Make sure you post photos! I'm currently in the process of upgrading to a 4foot (350l), so I feel your excitment!! :drool: :hyper:

Photos or it never happened :p

Here's a pic of new tank :) - off shopping later :p

It has four doors,but have left them off at mo, has holes need drilling in back of the cabinet for the externals/wires etc...

I need to do a leak test,but want to put the backing on first... do you think plain blue backing will look too much for tropical... or go for planted pic? its going have argos playsand...

It looks great. Love the rounded glass at the front.

I'd go for black, but it's personal taste. Just gloss it so you will never see any watermarks behind as there are bound to be some when you do water changes.

Have fun washing the sand for hours :p At least it is a nice day today, so sit in the garden with a cold drink and enjoy.

nice tank will look awsome once set up and stocked. keep the pics coming as you fill it and stock it
good.gif

It's just lovely, Harlequins! I'm wishing you the best of luck with it. :flowers:

As for the background, I've been fond of white. I think it gives the tank a feeling of openness and spaciousness. Whatever you do, avoid the blue or silver reflective backing. It's interesting but makes taking pictures a horror.

Speaking of pictures, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress setting it up. :)

Very nice Harlequins!!! . I was also looking at a similar tank with the rounded glass when i got my 5 footer as it looks awesome.
Hope the radiator behind the fish tank is switched off!!!
Congrats & defo need pics when you got it up & running!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back