Wrapping Around Plant Roots?

Cantbesaved

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Aug 19, 2008
Messages
146
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Well, I was rearranging my tank a bit today, while I did my water change. One of my plants has grown a LOT and has branches coming off branches. So I took the ones growing out the sides, and broke them off and replanted them so I have more. Whenever I move the rocks around at the bottom, a lot of particles and stuff come up. And sometimes the roots get uncovered a bit, and wrapped around the roots is this fabric-like fibreglass looking stuff. Should I have removed it before planting? Is this stuff safe for the aquarium? I assume it is, and I planted the plants with the stuff on the roots because I couldn't really get it off.

I just fear because it looks like fibre-glass, that maybe it can pollute the water and get in the gills of the fish.
 
I always remove that stuff. Not sure how harmful it is. I don't think it's fiberglass per-se, but it is rock wool, and fiberglass is a type of rock wool.

It's a pain to get off, even with new plants.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top