Wow, This Is Embarassing...

fry_forever!

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Canada
Hey guys. I know this may seem weird, but a couple of days ago, I had a healthy male platy swimming around happily in my 20 gallon tank. He was alive for a few months at least already. I went to go clean my tank a couple days later, ad realized he was missing. I looked everywhere in the tank. I took out fake plants, lifted up decorations, checked in my filter, everywhere! (Even the floor, even though I have a lid on my tank!) But I couldn't find him! My tank is becoming cloudy, and normally that happens when a fish dies in my tank and isn't found right away and taken out. I honestly don't know what to do. I don't know if my cory cats ate him, or if he's just rotting somewhere in my tank that I can't see. (Though I checked everywhere a few times.)

What should I do? I need to find this guy, my tank is getting pretty cloudy now. This was him a couple days ago: (he just recovered from an internal parasite, that's why he's really sickly looking. But he WAS healthy.)



(Click on picture to make bigger.)

Thanks in advance for any help! :good:

-fry_forever!
 
ya'll need to do extra water changes till ya find him anyway. His decayin body will be increasing the ammonia level.
I was away for a few days this week, and when came bak one of my platys had died, but she was fairly decomposed. I think some other fish ate some of her. Ive a betta in the tank so reckon he cudda eaten some
 
ya'll need to do extra water changes till ya find him anyway. His decayin body will be increasing the ammonia level.
I was away for a few days this week, and when came bak one of my platys had died, but she was fairly decomposed. I think some other fish ate some of her. Ive a betta in the tank so reckon he cudda eaten some
Yes, I know it will cause higher amounts of ammonia, that's why I want to get him outta' the tank. I will be doing extra water changes, but it will be GREAT if I can find him sooner rather than... never.

Thanks.
 
i went on holiday n mt sis looked after my fish but when i got back there was 1 neon tetra missing...... it was eeeten by my catfish :(
 
This just recently happened to me - Stanley, my beautiful and LARGE angelfish completely disappeared... had the tank upside down practically, but no sign :( switch the lights on this morning and his skeleton is at the front of the tank with my BN attached to it :(
 
Sometimes they do just totally disappear. I lost a male betta once, literally gone. Didn't see him for a few days, wondered where he was, didn't see him again at all, even when I literally cleaned out the tank, he was nowhere to be found. No ammonia spike, no nothing spike. Not on the floor, not under the lid, no skeleton, nothing. Totally weird, but sometimes it just happens.
 
Yes, this happens to me sometimes, but they always turn up. The only thing I can think was that I already found him dead or dying and got rid of him. But than my tank wouldn't be turning cloudy... Weird.
 
Sometimes they do just totally disappear. I lost a male betta once, literally gone. Didn't see him for a few days, wondered where he was, didn't see him again at all, even when I literally cleaned out the tank, he was nowhere to be found. No ammonia spike, no nothing spike. Not on the floor, not under the lid, no skeleton, nothing. Totally weird, but sometimes it just happens.
stolen?
 
more than likely it died and it was eaten by the other fish. in nature nothing is watsed
 
Huh, yeah, some things are. But what animal in a city would eat a pidgeon?

Anyhow, I'm pretty sure my cory cats ate him, but I still don't know why my water's cloudy.

Thanks guys.
 
My guess is the corys at them.

Have you cycled the tank?

Post your water stats please, might help with water clarity.
 
My guess is the corys at them.

Have you cycled the tank?

Post your water stats please, might help with water clarity.
Yes, the tank has been set-up and cycled for at least 2-3 years now. But it is 5 years old.

The water stats are:
ammonia: 0ppm
nitrite: 0ppm
nitrate: 20ppm
ph: 7.5

Thanks.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top