Wow, Boy Is This Weird!

kribensis12

I know where you live
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
8,679
Reaction score
593
Points
113
Location
Peoria, Illinois
Okay, i have a 30g tank. I had 1 Molly in it( a 1 and a half inch gold dust molly), and i had 6 adult angels in it. They picked on the molly at first, but never did much harm. Then, they just left him alone. Well, i got rid of the angels today, and put in 4 Juvinile ( as in 2-3 inch labs) in there. Well, once i put them in, the molly swims to the bottom and started picking on them! Can you believe it? That was several hours ago. Now, i just went back to check on them, and the molly thinks its a yellow lab! It keeps following the others around!

I mean, seriosuly, whats up with that?
 
Okay, i have a 30g tank. I had 1 Molly in it( a 1 and a half inch gold dust molly), and i had 6 adult angels in it. They picked on the molly at first, but never did much harm. Then, they just left him alone. Well, i got rid of the angels today, and put in 4 Juvinile ( as in 2-3 inch labs) in there. Well, once i put them in, the molly swims to the bottom and started picking on them! Can you believe it? That was several hours ago. Now, i just went back to check on them, and the molly thinks its a yellow lab! It keeps following the others around!

I mean, seriosuly, whats up with that?


Haha, I bet thats funny to watch! The molly with a lost identity!
 
Leave them for a few more days. see what happens.

Either, the molly thinks its cool, or the lab's don't want to be racist.

):
 
I plan on leaving them together. I think the labs don't want to be racist. I mean, in this day and age, being racist can get you sued. And im sure thats what the Lab's are worrying about!
 
I used to have a pale blue guppy who followed my giant danios around, he was a similar colour to them and they let him be with them! he even used to bumo them with his nose when they were sleeping, like they do to each other! He was so funny to watch! Funny thing is, there were a fair few other guppies in there too, but he just wasn't interested in them!
 
I plan on leaving them together. I think the labs don't want to be racist. I mean, in this day and age, being racist can get you sued. And im sure thats what the Lab's are worrying about!


:lol: :lol: sheer class!!

I think you kindly miss.

I used to have a pale blue guppy who followed my giant danios around, he was a similar colour to them and they let him be with them! he even used to bumo them with his nose when they were sleeping, like they do to each other! He was so funny to watch! Funny thing is, there were a fair few other guppies in there too, but he just wasn't interested in them!

Yeah. My molly bumps them on the side when they are awake and asleep. It is completely strange. This morning, they were still getting along. I mean, he is Half yellow, Half balk. But his yellow is almost a orange. But i think the lab's know he isnt a lab, because they dont scare him off when he swims into their territory, but they scare off eachother( unless the molly is the "King" of the tank!)
 
I fear i may need to removed the molly. He is CHASING off the lab's and bullying them now, worse than before. I can only imagine what would happen if i put him in with the convicts.
 
welll haha i got 2 oto's the other day and they thought they were white cloud mountain minnows haha swimming with them and everything or mybe they just like there company :P
 
welll haha i got 2 oto's the other day and they thought they were white cloud mountain minnows haha swimming with them and everything or mybe they just like there company :P
my ottos will joinin a guppy chase half the time i think ottos want to be a guppy.
 
lol its funny when fish do this. I used to have a clown loach that thought it was a tiger barb :)
 
LOL - I had a female guppy who appeared to be besotted with my rainbow shark (4 times her size!) - where he swam, she followed and he didn't seem to mind at all. Never chased her away or bullied her. They seems perfectly happy together. Even when the rainbow shark was resting, the guppy would hover by his side. Was quite touching to watch. Mind you, they were the only two fish in a 2ft tank at that time, so maybe it was a case of being friends with each other or be lonely!

Athena
 

Most reactions

Back
Top