Wow, African Fan Shrimp

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I've been planning on getting one for ages.
The lfs I work at has them in a lot, but they come it at around 3" and they grow slowly, so its probably a bad idea in my main tank until I can get a bigger one.

I've been considering getting a small one and growing it out in my 5 gal, but apparently they grow reeeally slowly. Hopefully this means they live long too.

A.gabonesis are a great addition to any community tank that dosen't have botias in it.

I lost 3 of mine (including my lutino one :( ) to my clowns after nearly a year of them living 'happily' together.
I'm now down to one who is around 5" :good:

Would the shrimp contribute a lot to the bioload? I think I want to get one soon, but I am stocked pretty full (but In the process of getting a bigger filter)

only around as much as say 6 zebra danios :good:

The adults really look huge, epsecially as they are so sturdy looking.

A local shop (BAS in Bolton) currently has some full-grown adults in and they are amazing. They look so vicious it amazes me they are actually totally harmless. I had one at 5 inches a couple of years ago that was a total wimp and was bullied by a wood shrimp (Atyopsis moluccensis) half its size.

It's wonderful seeing an adult with a smaller one. The smaller ones tend to snuggle up to the big one or hide underneath it. :)

i could get one but jeez i planned of dieing eating dairy milks not getting eaten (check my profile)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back