Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Okay so quick recap of things.
150x38x60 cm tank
Planned stocking -
50 ember tetras
50 normans lampeye
50 corydora habrosus.
Thanks to all the great advice on the forum I know these are all good for my water parameters.
Would honey gourami work in this setup ?
If so what number would work best ?
Once cycled will be adding plants , around fifty to start including some floating.

Thanks as always for the help. :fish:

Hi this sounds like a really cool tank, big fan of Lampeyes really under rated fish and these massive schools will look incredible.

Honey Gourami would work and you could look at some Sparkling Gourami too. A big school of Clown Killifish would look really good in this tank too.

In terms of plants do you know which ones you want to get yet? Bear in mind that some plants need Co2 and fertilisers and some are happier in lower lighting and little maintenance like Crypts and Swords.

Wills

Hi this sounds like a really cool tank, big fan of Lampeyes really under rated fish and these massive schools will look incredible.

Honey Gourami would work and you could look at some Sparkling Gourami too. A big school of Clown Killifish would look really good in this tank too.

In terms of plants do you know which ones you want to get yet? Bear in mind that some plants need Co2 and fertilisers and some are happier in lower lighting and little maintenance like Crypts and Swords.

Wills
Going for starter plants that don’t need Co2.
Half the tank will have floating plants so will use lower light plants there. Going to use some air hose to contain the floaters.
Didn’t think I could keep clown loaches with the Cory.
With the gourami I will probably go with the honey. How many would you recommend?
If I decide to get some of the loaches same question again.
Thanks for the advice.

Going for starter plants that don’t need Co2.
Half the tank will have floating plants so will use lower light plants there. Going to use some air hose to contain the floaters.
Didn’t think I could keep clown loaches with the Cory.
With the gourami I will probably go with the honey. How many would you recommend?
If I decide to get some of the loaches same question again.
Thanks for the advice.
I am obviously half asleep as I read killifish as loaches ! :oops:

I am obviously half asleep as I read killifish as loaches ! :oops:
Ah haha I did wonder where the clown loaches came from your tank would be ok for them in theory due to how common they are any tank over 4 foot is going to be better than most will go to. But I think they would look odd with all the nano fish lol...

The clown killis would be fine with the other fish they are a surface dweller packed full of colour and will love swimming through the floating plants

Wills

As you intend Corydoras habrosus, forget any loaches. Even the relatively peaceful loaches should not be combined with cories, and especially not one of the dwarf species.

With floating plants you do not need to "cycle" as such. Once the plants are in and showing signs of growth, you can add fish.

As you intend Corydoras habrosus, forget any loaches. Even the relatively peaceful loaches should not be combined with cories, and especially not one of the dwarf species.

With floating plants you do not need to "cycle" as such. Once the plants are in and showing signs of growth, you can add fish.
Not going for loaches. That was me misreading the post when tired.lol.
Doing a full fishless cycle before adding the plants.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back