Would This Work...

oswoldy

Fishaholic
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
575
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Hi,
Having just received my first external filter im obviously a little worried about it leaking and then I thought that if I moved the outlet higher in the water IF it were to leak then it would not drain so much of the tank. However im not sure if this would have ill effect on the filtration?

What do you think?

Mike
 
connect it all up stand it in a washing up bowl(or similar) put it where it is going to be set up and switch it on and see what happens just monitor it for a few hours if it does leak identify where it is coming from switch it off and then you can go about fixing the leak.

hope this helps

jay
 
connect it all up stand it in a washing up bowl(or similar) put it where it is going to be set up and switch it on and see what happens just monitor it for a few hours if it does leak identify where it is coming from switch it off and then you can go about fixing the leak.

hope this helps

jay

I know its not leaking atm im just thinking if it decides it wants to start when im not home or away on holiday.

Your proberbly just worrying too much :), is it a new fluval 205? or an old one?

andrew

I expect I am. Its neither :lol: its a Eheim 2222 pro second hand, although I have replaced the main sealing gasket.

i always keep mine stood in a bucket :)
just in case :)

Unfortunately the bucket would not last long if im not around for a few hours.

Mike
 
If your going away Mike do it when you come home hun :good:
they dont usually leak - out of the blue - usually when you reseal after a water change or when you set them up first
 
If your going away Mike do it when you come home hun :good:
they dont usually leak - out of the blue - usually when you reseal after a water change or when you set them up first

Sorry Sarah im not going away at the moment, im just thinking ahead. Although I am out all day at work. Maybe im just paranoid, :lol: Have you seen the video of my plec and tank in the members pics forum?

Lol, im getting confused, just read a post about the external fluval 205 for a 200L fluval roma lol

:lol: I know the feeling!

Mike
 

Most reactions

Back
Top