Would This Type Of Lighting Support Macro-algae

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sbreydin

Reaction score
Hi everyone i am just looking for some advice on lighting for my refugium. I have a 24 gallon jbj nano and was wondering would this type of lighting be able to support cheato if i placed it over chamber 2 in my nano. I have look at many lighting optoins but this type of lighting looks interesting and would be quite easy to fit. It will also have a low running cost. Any advice if this type of light will not support it.

the link is http://www.theledguru.com/

Thanks

Steve

LED lighting is something I am interested in due mainly to the efficiency but unfortunately know little about. However I know that macros can be grown with ordinary light bulbs like the type in desk lamps. Have you seen SH's refugium design it is really interesting since it is incredible simple. If you remove the lamination (black covering) for the back of the tank over the middle chamber you can transilluminate through the glass using an PC bulb.

I must say though I do see the benefits of having the LED units; efficiency and aesthetics etc. If you find any other information on LED lighting let me know as I say very interested in the potentials.

Regards :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back